APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.11.23 - GunsNRoses.com - Chinese Democracy Is Here!

Go down

2008.11.23 - GunsNRoses.com - Chinese Democracy Is Here! Empty 2008.11.23 - GunsNRoses.com - Chinese Democracy Is Here!

Post by Blackstar Thu May 20, 2021 4:11 pm

CHINESE DEMOCRACY IS HERE!

GunsNRoses.com

The following has been updated to correct inaccuracies contained in the previously posted version.

Chinese Democracy is everything you've been waiting so patiently for -- and a lot more.

Here's a full track description:

"Chinese Democracy" opens things up on a theatrical note. Right away you realize that frontman and GN'R mastermind Axl Rose has never sounded better. Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo is another highlight of the title track. "Better" couldn't be better, with a five-pronged guitar attack setting off explosions while a hard beat crunches away. Tommy Stinson's bass line provides the backbone of the rhythm. "Street Of Dreams" comes next, the beautiful song that you might recognize during GN'R's 2006 tour, introduced as "The Blues."

The fifth track, "If The World," is a classic funk-rock song with Middle Eastern elements and liquid bass playing from synth man and programmer –- and track co-writer –- Chris Pitman. There Was A Time" "Broken glass and cigarettes, writing on the wall/It was a bargain for the summer and I thought I had it all," Axl sings before this instant classic crescendos into the powerful chorus. Other highlights include Dizzy Reed, Pitman and Axl's synth orchestra, which gives the song a movie feel.

A gorgeous instrumental intro featuring piano, bass and Axl's signature wails begins the album's next track, "Catcher In The Rye". "Scraped" features Axl all over the register, with layers and layers of vocal tracks piledt on top of each other while a sinister guitar riff shoots through the chorus: "Don't you try to stop us now/'cause I just won't let you." Meanwhile, "Sorry" is a kick-back track with acoustic guitar but with Axl-penned lyrics that bite: "You don't know why I won't give in," he says. "To hell with the pressure, I'm not caving in."

Track No. 9, "Riad N' The Bedouins" has Axl giving his all to the vocal over a complex, multi-layered guitar rhythm. The instrumental bridge segues from strings to a Bumblefoot solo assault. An electronic drum loop leads right into the next song, "I.R.S.", which contains some of Axl's most inner-reaching lyrical content on the album. Track No. 12, "Madagascar," features acclaimed orchestral arranger Paul Buckmaster and emotional samples from history, including two speeches by Martin Luther King Jr., the films "Mississippi Burning" and "Cool Hand Luke."

"This I Love" starts with only Axl's voice and piano playing, and it's the only song on the album solely written by Axl. "Prostitute" brings things to a close, with Axl saying, "It's not a question of whether my heart is true."

Chinese Democracy is a truly epic project, GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Retail chain Best Buy is the exclusive outlet for the CD and vinyl album in the United States. The album is also available via the iTunes Store.

https://web.archive.org/web/20081204070225/http://web.gunsnroses.com:80/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081123&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down

2008.11.23 - GunsNRoses.com - Chinese Democracy Is Here! Empty Re: 2008.11.23 - GunsNRoses.com - Chinese Democracy Is Here!

Post by Blackstar Thu May 27, 2021 4:40 am

This was the original version of the article:
Chinese Democracy is here!

GunsNRoses.com

The day has arrived.

Chinese Democracy is out, it's getting rave reviews, and you can get your copy today. The epic 14-song album has already broken every streaming record on MySpace, with 25 listens per second after being streamed in full on the site starting Thursday, Nov. 20.

Here's the track listing for the album:

1. Chinese Democracy
2. Shackler's Revenge
3. Better
4. Street Of Dreams
5. If The World
6. There Was A Time
7. Catcher In The Rye
8. Scraped
9. Sorry
10. Riad N' The Bedouins
11. I.R.S.
12. Madagascar
13. This I Love
14. Prostitute

The current GN'R lineup of lead singer Axl Rose, guitarists Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and Richard Fortus, bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboard and piano player Dizzy Reed, synthesizer and programming wiz Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer is all over the record in addition to the many other contributors on this epic project. This is GNR's first studio release since 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?.

Starting today, you can go get your copy at Best Buy stores nationwide.
Source: http://www.gnrevolution.com/viewtopic.php?id=5329
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down