APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.11.04 - Blabbermouth - Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed?

Go down

2008.11.04 - Blabbermouth - Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed? Empty 2008.11.04 - Blabbermouth - Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed?

Post by Blackstar Thu May 20, 2021 12:49 pm

Guns N' Roses: Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed?

Queen guitarist Brian May recorded the lead guitar parts for the leaked Guns N' Roses song "Catcher N' The Rye" in 1999. The song is confirmed to appear on GN'R's long-awaited new album "Chinese Democracy", but it's unclear if May's parts will be on the song when it is officially released at the end of November. One visitor to May's official web site, BrianMay.com, who has allegedly seen the sleeve notes for "Chinese Democracy" claims that May is not credited for his contributions on the album, leading to speculation that his parts have been removed and replaced by those by one of Guns N' Roses current guitarists.

In a posting on BrianMay.com, the Queen guitarist writes: "Well, it is a shame, perhaps ... I did put quite a lot of work in, and was proud of it. But I could understand if Axl ants to have an album which reflects the work of the members of the band as it is right now."

https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-has-brian-may-s-contribution-to-chinese-democracy-been-removed/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2008.11.04 - Blabbermouth - Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed? Empty Re: 2008.11.04 - Blabbermouth - Has Brian May's Contribution To 'Chinese Democracy' Been Removed?

Post by Blackstar Sun May 23, 2021 3:46 pm

Related article in NME, November 26:
------------------------------------------------

Brian May disappointed with Guns N’ Roses’ ‘Chinese Democracy’ ‘snub’

Rumours suggest guitarist's contribution has been taken off the album

Queen guitarist Brian May has spoken of his disappointment on hearing rumours that his guitar part recorded for a song on Guns N’ Roses‘ ‘Chinese Democracy’ has been left off the finished album.

In 1999, May recorded a part for the album track ‘Catcher N’ The Rye’, but recently heard rumours that his contribution had been cut from the final album mix.

Responding to a fan who had suggested his part had been dropped on Brianmay.com, the guitarist said: “Well, it is a shame. I did put quite a lot of work in, and was proud of it.”

May said he wasn’t angry with Axl Rose for potentially dropping the part, though, saying: “I could understand if Axl wants to have an album which reflects the work of the members of the band as it is right now.”

‘Chinese Democracy’ is set to be released on November 24 – around 14 years after work first started on it.

Drinks firm Dr Pepper recently vowed to honour a pledge to offer every US citizen a free can of the drink if the album was released before the end of 2008.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/guns-n-roses-261-1322868
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down