APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.04.03 - BBC Newsbeat - Slash on Appetite for Destruction

Go down

2008.04.03 - BBC Newsbeat - Slash on Appetite for Destruction Empty 2008.04.03 - BBC Newsbeat - Slash on Appetite for Destruction

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 12:13 pm

Slash on Appetite for Destruction

Guns N' Roses guitarist Slash has been telling Newsbeat about his memories of recording Appetite For Destruction, which is being featured in Zane Lowe's Masterpieces.

It's been over 20 years since the five-piece exploded onto the music scene with their debut album.

It featured classic tracks like Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle and one of their biggest hits, Sweet Child O' Mine.

Slash is still surprised that the album is regarded as a classic.

He said: "Who would have thought? I remember thinking, 'Maybe the record isn't that great'.

"When I was a kid, there were certain records that anybody who was anybody, who was cool, had in their collection.

"And we actually made one of those records, I'm very proud of that."

Jack Daniel's and coffee

With many of the bandmembers struggling with drink and drug addictions during the recording sessions, it's slightly surprising that Slash remembers the band being quite professional.

He said: "The actual recording was pretty calm. I mean there was some partying, but we were pretty focused.

"Like for me, it was Jack Daniel's and coffee in the morning and work from noon till 10 at night.

"Then I'd go out and get crazy and then wake up in the morning, wherever I was, and try and work out how to get a ride back to the studio."

You can hear the entire Appetite For Destruction album on Zane Lowe's show on 3 April from 7pm.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080407053903/http://news.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/hi/music/newsid_7327000/7327380.stm
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87861

Back to top Go down