APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles)

Go down

2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles) Empty 2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 11:12 am

Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland

Mitchell Peters, L.A.

After feuding publicly for the past two weeks, Velvet Revolver and frontman Scott Weiland have officially parted ways, according to a statement from founding members Slash, Duff McKagan, Matt Sorum and Dave Kushner.

"This band is all about its fans and its music and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," Slash said in a statement issued today (April 1). "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on."

No further details were available at deadline. Velvet Revolver is in the midst of playing its last show with Weiland at Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.

In the weeks leading up to the split, an online feud erupted between Weiland and drummer Sorum, following recent onstage remarks made by the singer, who reportedly said the European trek would be the band's last ever.

The announcement comes a day after Billboard exclusively revealed details of a reunion tour by Weiland's original band, Stone Temple Pilots. The group is expected to announce its schedule next week during a Los Angeles press conference.

In January, Slash told Billboard.com that Velvet Revolver would begin working on the follow-up to last year's "Libertad" almost immediately after the quintet finished the European tour, but it is unknown how the remaining members plan to proceed.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080401134418/http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003783207

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu May 13, 2021 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles) Empty Re: 2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 11:16 am

MTV News, April 1, 2008:
---------------------------------

Scott Weiland Parts Ways With Velvet Revolver

Weiland will join Stone Temple Pilots for a reunion tour this summer.

Archive-Chris-Harris
04/01/2008

Less than two weeks ago, during a Velvet Revolver gig in Glasgow, Scotland, the band's frontman, Scott Weiland, announced to the crowd in attendance that they were witnessing something very special — the last-ever Velvet Revolver tour. On Tuesday (April 1), the rest of the band — guitarists Slash and Dave Kushner, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum — released a statement confirming that Velvet Revolver had parted ways with Weiland.

"This band is all about its fans and its music, and Scott Weiland isn't 100% committed to either," Slash said in the statement. "Among other things, his increasingly erratic onstage behavior and personal problems [Weiland recently finished a stint in rehab] have forced us to move on."

When called for additional comment, the band's management, Sanctuary, said everything the band had to say on the matter was in the press release. The band played the final date of its European tour in Amsterdam earlier on Tuesday.

Weiland will presumably turn his energies to the re-formed Stone Temple Pilots, who are expected to reveal details of a full-scale summer tour at a news conference next week. Whether Velvet Revolver carry on with a new singer remains to be seen. But Slash has said, in a number of recent interviews, that there would be a third LP from the rockers, and that Weiland's characterization of the band's European tour as its last was simply untrue. There is no official word of the split on Velvet Revolver's Web site.

Following Weiland's outburst in Scotland, Sorum took to his blog to comment on the situation.

"[We] had a little band turmoil onstage, as you probably all could tell," he wrote. "Being in a band is a lot like being in a relationship. Sometimes, you just don't get along. I guess there has been more turmoil lately, with the cancellations and all. It has been frustrating; I am not going to lie. My career and life in rock and roll has come with its ups and downs. Unfortunately, some people in this business don't realize how great of a life they have. Touring the world, meeting great people, and fans all over the world — and just playing music for a living. I feel truly blessed. But sometimes the road can be draining for some.

"Being away from home and family does grind on you sometimes," Sorum continued. "Personally, I love this sh-- and sometimes can't believe I am so lucky to still be doing what I do for a living. Everybody could see who was unhappy [at the Glasgow show], but all I can say is let's keep the rock alive, people. In this life, you just pick up and keep moving. And don't ever let anybody stand in your way."

Weiland responded in a statement to Blabbermouth.net, saying, "The state of my family affairs is really none of [Sorum's] business, since he is too immature to have a real relationship, let alone children. So don't attempt to stand in a man's shoes when you haven't walked his path. I've made many attempts to remain cordial with the members of VR, but mainly, the likes of you. Funny though — this is your first band, as opposed to being a hired gun. I've been making records (now, on my ninth), which have sold over 35 million copies worldwide and have maintained a level of professionalism regardless of how many drugs I've ingested into my system. I have only canceled one tour during the entire course of my 16-year run and that was the 'make-up' Australia tour. Now, shall I open that can of worms, Matthew? Release the Kraken? Serve ... volley! You canceled the Aussie tour in the fall because you went to rehab, but I won't say why.

"I will sweat, bruise, and bleed for you," he continued, directing his words to the band's fans. "[I] will continue to do so until the end of this tour. However, you deserve to hear Velvet Revolver playing ... not certain individuals singing along to get a muddied-up sound. It's a shame ... we were a gang. But ego and jealousy can get the better of anyone. I wish the best and plan to annihilate the stage in the last few shows."

http://www.mtv.com/news/1584599/scott-weiland-parts-ways-with-velvet-revolver/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles) Empty Re: 2008.04.01 - Billboard - Velvet Revolver Boots Scott Weiland (& other related articles)

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 11:38 am

Reuters, April 2, 2008:
--------------------------------

Velvet Revolver splits with rocker Scott Weiland

By Steve Gorman

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Four founding members of the rock band Velvet Revolver said on Tuesday they were splitting with the group’s troubled singer, Scott Weiland, citing his “increasingly erratic” behavior.

The announcement came in a terse statement from the group’s management company as Weiland, 40, and his recently reunited original band, Stone Temple Pilots, were set next week to announce plans for a highly anticipated summer tour.

The Pilots, also known by their acronym, STP, already have confirmed a handful of upcoming dates, beginning with the Rock on the Range festival in Columbus, Ohio, on May 17-18.

For Weiland, whose career has long been overshadowed by heroin addiction, Rock on the Range will mark his first show with STP since the band played 13 concerts to promote its last album of new material, 2001’s “Shangri-La Dee Da.”

Following the breakup of STP, Weiland was welcomed as lead singer for Velvet Revolver, the newly formed grunge rock band founded by three former members of Guns N’ Roses -- guitarist Slash, bassist Duff McKagan and drummer Matt Sorum -- along with second guitarist Dave Kushner.

Velvet Revolver was confronted from the start with Weiland’s drug and legal problems as it juggled performance schedules, recording sessions and promotional work to accommodate his court dates and rehab.

Last month, Weiland pleaded innocent to a charge of driving under the influence of drugs stemming from his arrest on a Los Angeles freeway ramp in November. He is free on $40,000 bail and is due back in court for a pretrial hearing on Friday.

A public feud between Weiland and Velvet Revolver’s drummer already had cast doubt on the band’s future when the statement on behalf of Sorum, Slash, McKagan and Kushner was issued under the headline “Velvet Revolver to Part Ways with Singer.”

“This band is all about its fans and its music, and Scott Weiland isn’t 100% committed to either,” Slash was quoted as saying. “Among other things, his increasingly erratic on-stage behavior and personal problems have forced us to move on.”

There was no immediate comment from Weiland, Stone Temple Pilots or their representatives.

https://www.reuters.com/article/people-weiland-dc/velvet-revolver-splits-with-rocker-scott-weiland-idUSN0131840320080401
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu May 13, 2021 11:41 am

Matt Sorum's website, April 3, 2008:

Thank U VR Crew, Goodbye Scott

Hey Friends, Want to give a very special thanks to our amazing crew, These are the guys and girl that work there asses off bouncing around on a tour bus then getting up after no sleep to set up all the gear, get the dressing rooms ready, food for the crew and band etc etc. Hard working dedicated people who love the traveling rock n roll show. They are the foundation of Velvet Revolver. Love U guys!!!! And as you all know by now it was our last show with Scott Weiland It was great to be in the UK and Europe playing for all you great fans. Thank you for your support as well as your passion. you people go crazy and we love it. Took some pictures with my girl In Amsterdam before we left for the airport today. Feeling good about the future. Going to get back to work right away on some new music and hope to have exciting news soon.

As for Scott I wish him well.

Stay Tuned!!!!!!

Love, Matt
https://mattsorum.com/2008/04/03/thank-u-vr-crew-goodbye-scott/

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down