APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2008.03.31 - GN'R Daily - Exclusive Interview with Greg Artkop from Dr. Pepper

Go down

2008.03.31 - GN'R Daily - Exclusive Interview with Greg Artkop from Dr. Pepper Empty 2008.03.31 - GN'R Daily - Exclusive Interview with Greg Artkop from Dr. Pepper

Post by Blackstar Thu 13 May 2021 - 8:48

Exclusive Interview with Greg Artkop from Dr. Pepper!!

With all the talk right now regarding the Dr. Pepper challenge, we at GnrDaily decided to reach out to the corporate folks at the company and see exactly what they have in mind. Greg Artkop the Director of Corporate Communications for Cadbury Schweppes Americas Beverages, the parent company of Dr. Pepper, was kind enough to take a few minutes with me to answer some questions.

Big Pat: There is a tremendous buzz right now with regards to the Dr. Pepper challenge. What brought this on?

Greg Artkop: Dr Pepper believes the world needs more GN'R. We wanted to do our part to get Chinese Democracy out of the studio and into our iPods.

Big Pat: On the GN’R official web site, Axl responded to the challenge, quite quickly in fact! To fans that was a surprise. Did you read his response? If so could you comment on it?

Greg Artkop: We were extremely pleased that Axl responded so quickly -- and favorably -- to our offer. I guess we'll have to expand to include a Dr Pepper for Buckethead. That was an interesting and unexpected bonus!

Big Pat: How far is Dr. Pepper willing to go with this challenge? Is there a possibility of commercials? Or concert sponsorships? Or would you go as far as an album tie in?

Greg Artkop: If Dr Pepper is approached to support the release we'll definitely consider it.

Big Pat: Has your company gone as far as developing a plan to carry out the distribution of their product should the album actually be released this year? If so and you can share what is it?

Greg Artkop: If the album is released in 2008, everyone will have the opportunity to download a coupon for a free Dr Pepper from our website.

Big Pat: Has anyone from your company had contact with Guns N' Roses management or with Axl himself regarding the challenge?

Greg Artkop: We heard from GNR management regarding the challenge. They were surprised about the offer but supportive of our efforts as you can tell from Axl's response.

Big Pat: I’m sure our readers want to know, are you a Guns N' Roses fan? If so do you have a favorite song?

Greg Artkop: Big GN'R fan. Not enough room to list all my faves but my favorite GN'R song is still "Welcome to the Jungle." And thanks to Guitar Hero III, I've learned that you haven't lived until you've played it on a plastic guitar. Adrenaline kicks in every time I hear it!

Big Pat: Have you visited our web site GnrDaily.com? If so, what do you think of it?

Greg: Yes, it rocks!

Big Pat: Thanks for your time Greg, I really appreciate it.

Greg Artkop: My pleasure.

https://web.archive.org/web/20080402184421/http://www.gnrdaily.com/news_detail.asp?id=1257
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87995

Back to top Go down