APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.07.18 - NewGNRoldGNR - Q&A with Brain

Go down

2010.07.18 - NewGNRoldGNR - Q&A with Brain Empty 2010.07.18 - NewGNRoldGNR - Q&A with Brain

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jul 23, 2010 10:20 pm

Chinese Monopoly:
1. Who would you consider to be your biggest musical influences to date?

The one and only Miles Davis

2. How has the recent touring with Bernie Worrell, Blackbyrd McKnight and TM Stevens been, and will there be more dates added to the present schedule?

It's been awesome... They are all legends in my book!!! I'm learning so much about music and life from those heavies!!! I won't be touring with them anymore... That incarnation of the band is defunked now and I'm not sure who's in the current line up.

3. Have you been working on any of your material that you feel is near completion and ready for release? Please describe the current sound and vibe of your studio work.

Bucket and I just recorded a 5 disk set entitled 'Best Regards'. We call it 'Binge' music!!! (?Best Regards? is available from ?T.D.R.S Music? and each copy has its own drawing actually drawn by Buckethead, Bryan and the keyboardist Melissa.)

4. Axl mentioned that you were "working on things for the band" during his forum appearances in December 2008, what exactly did and are you working on for the band?

That's top secret stuff!!!

5. Seeing as your involvement with the band now consists of mainly studio work, is it fair to say that you will be featured on a future Guns N' Roses album?

I hope so!!!!!

6. You toured with the band at a time when Buckethead and Robin Finck were also members, have you kept contact with both, if so, how is Buckethead?

Yeah a little bit... Just recently hooked up with bucket again for that disk we did. He's awesome!!!!!!!

7. You have released an instructional package for drummers before, do you have any plans to release a similar package in the future?

I just made 'Brain Has Made the Worst Drum Instructional Ever'. It came out a couple of years ago!!!

8. I believe your wife gave birth to a child during 2006 when you were on tour with Guns N' Roses, how has becoming a father been for you?

It's been great! I love being a dad!!!

9. Have you been viewing the videos of the "Chinese Democracy World Tour" which have surfaced, and if so, what do you think of the band on tour so far?

They look fuckin awesome!!!!!

10. What has DJ Ashba brought to the band for you, and do you feel his addition was a positive one?

He seems great! I haven't worked with him yet.

11. Regarding your current work with Guns N' Roses in the studio, have there been any possible tracks you have worked on which have really stood out for you?

Can't talk about the top secret shit Smile.

12. Are there any plans for the current band to hit the studio with you when they return from their travels?

No nothing that I've heard

13. Since the release of "Chinese Democracy" I'm sure you've had time to reflect upon your work on the record. What on the record stands out as your best work? Could you see yourself remixing parts of the album?

i'm proud of all of it...  i love i'm sorry (?Brain? recently revealed in an interview that he had been working on some really cool remixes for Guns N' Roses. According to http://brainandmelissa.com/ Bryan and Melissa have produced three Guns N? Roses remixes from ?Chinese Democracy? at the request of Axl Rose to be released on an upcoming remix album.)

14. What exactly is Mr. Mantia occupying himself with at present?

i'm currently composing for tv, video and film

15. Could you dislose something interesting which happened during the recording of "Chinese Democracy"?

i recorded three songs in the nude!!!

16. And lastly, what are you listening to on your iPod?

chick corea "Frieds"

Love ya -peace

Bryan ?Brain? Mantia stated that he's ?out of the band for now?. He also shed some light on his old band from quite some time ago, ?Ted Zeppelin?. He stated that both ?Ted? and ?Zeppelin?were his favourite bands whilst he was younger hence the name combination. ?Ted Zeppelin? was an era he personally ?loved?.

http://brainbeatz.com/

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Bryan Mantia for agreeing to answer the above questions. He's a really cool guy!

Last edited by Soulmonster on Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

2010.07.18 - NewGNRoldGNR - Q&A with Brain Empty Re: 2010.07.18 - NewGNRoldGNR - Q&A with Brain

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:49 pm

Shit! I never saved this interview anywhere. Anyone else got it? @Blackstar?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum