APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans

2 posters

Go down

2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans Empty 2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:33 am

I'm writing now in the wake of the recently postponed and cancelled GNR commitments in Japan and in South Africa. I guess I'm writing because I too am disappointed, have a conscience, a website, and I am not on the Bullet Train to Osaka this evening.

I purely want to share with those whom were avid for seeing GNR at these concerts that I too was looking forward to seeing you all. The band was primed and pumped, production packed and shipped. Then, much to our distress, unforeseen circumstance walked in, dropped its surly case and announced with certainty, "I'm here! ". What can we do.

I have received innumerable emails from real people who where hooking up with friends or family, flying to faraway cities, booking hotels or friend's couches, docking the USS Kitty Hawk, and otherwise scheduling their time and enthusiasm around these events. In short, these peeps wuz straight stung adrenalized and lettin' me square have it! I too was psyched about the shows, planning to meet friends and family, watch the cherry blossom blossom etc. It is my wish that your bounce forward from here be one of a willful arc and opportunity. Believe me, I'm swallowing that very pill by your side.

Well, I'm not gonna go on with this letter, this letter to you who've sent me. I think you catch my drift.

Best of spirits to you all and I sincerely wish for you a successful trip ahead. Have fun wherever you are-

r ob i n
https://web.archive.org/web/20070526150931/http://robinfinck.com:80/GNR_fans.php
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans Empty Re: 2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 23, 2021 10:55 am

It is interesting that Robin writes about having a conscience and swallowing a (presumably) bitter pill if the postponement of the South African shows were due to Tommy still being injured. Robin also mentions "unforeseen circumstance" and doesn't mention Tommy's injury at all.

In the statement posted on gunsnroses.com a few days later, it says "the tour had been delayed because of an injury to bassist Tommy Stinson's left wrist, but the sprain is healing nicely and the band will be back in action soon" and "Unfortunately, GN'R will no longer be appearing as part of the MyCoke Festival in South Africa". It is clever way of writing it so it seems the postponement of the SA shows were due to Tommy's injury, but it is not stated explicitly.

I am skeptical...
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans Empty Re: 2007.04.23 - Robin Finck Website - Message to GN'R Fans

Post by Soulmonster Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:02 am

Interestingly, Tommy had also been unavailable for the February 8 show because of "a personal family issue": https://www.a-4-d.com/t2350-2007-02-08-beverly-hills-city-hall-beverly-hills-usa#21907
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down