APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.MM.DD - Creative Worx Motion Media - Interview with Slash

Go down

2007.MM.DD - Creative Worx Motion Media - Interview with Slash Empty 2007.MM.DD - Creative Worx Motion Media - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:37 pm

Transcript:

Slash: You're the first person who's asked me about that.

Interviewer: Yeah, like a classic rocker?

Slash: No, I don't know what that's supposed to feel like. I don't know what to compare it to so I'm not sure. It's all... it's it's always been about the same thing. It's about the next gig and the next record, and the next whatever. It's always been like that. So, it's still the same, you know, it sort of just, you know, one step of one foot in front of the other kind of thing. So I don't spend too much time dwelling on how long I've been doing or how long I'm gonna be doing it or.... I'm just sort of... I got four more songs left to track and the tour starts in April and there's some promo to do in between. I think I sort of touched on it when I was doing my, I guess you can call it the acceptance speech, I just remembered being being a kid and it was like the aura, the the vibe about the Guitar Center it was like, I don't know, it was like the instrument Mecca, it was like something you might see when.... a little kid might see when they see like the biggest toy store, the biggest candy store, that's what Guitar Center represents. And I understood the music business or understood the guitar salesman business at that point. I'd still come up there and just be blown away by all these commissioned sales, been running around, the occasional rock star coming out and just, sort of, you know, being starstruck by that and just the whole thing. Because I was so far from, you know, even being able to imagine that point. And so, yeah, it still overwhelms me. I hardly ever come here. It scares me [chuckles]. I like to get my guitars over the phone.

Interviewer: How many do you have now?

Slash: The same as I did probably last time you and I talked at length, it was like about 80. I haven't really gone -

Interviewer: That's not Rick Nielsen -

Slash: I stopped getting them after I stopped needing anything else.

Interviewer: All right.

Slash: I don't really need anything -

Interviewer: Do you have one did you play pretty-

Slash: Same one I did Appetite with [laughs]Ii just did this whole fucking record just about with that one guitar.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down