APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2005.11.03 - La Voz del Interior - Interview with Steven

Go down

2005.11.03 - La Voz del Interior - Interview with Steven Empty 2005.11.03 - La Voz del Interior - Interview with Steven

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:26 am

"I still have too much rock n 'roll to give"

November 3, 2005 - Córdoba, Argentina

By Germán Arrascaeta

No fifteen minutes interview or arranged phone calls. Steven Adler, Guns N 'Roses original drummer, has to be called on his cellphone if you want to talk to him without the usual show biz limitations.

He arrives to Córdoba today (will perform in La Vieja Usina, at 10 pm, after the set of Rouge & Roll) to present Adler's Appetite, a group of renegades that cover Guns N 'Roses; specially, from the tracklist of Appetite for Destruction, a key record in the rock n 'roll history and source of income for an Adler who sounds euphoric from his high signal mobile. "We did a show at the Las Vegas Rainbow and everything came out fine. So Im very excited. I have too much rock n 'roll to give. I suggest you not to miss the show", its the first thing he says, expelled from the band for having trouble with drugs ?? "That was the ridiculous official explanation- he says on the subject-. They were stupid. They said they fired me because of drugs, but I wasnt experimenting with the hard ones. And if I was doing it, in that case, they were even. So, I think it was' cause of a monetary issue, which is ridiculous too because we were on our way to making loads of money. "

"Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitar) was the only one who apologized to me. Anyhow, we were a great team, and I hope one day we reunite", says a hopeful Adler about something common sense reveals as impossible: putting together the temperamental, enigmatic Axl Rose and the uncontrollable guitarist Slash, in the same room.

- How do you remember the days of Appetite of Destruction?

Adler: I remember it as a great time in my life, even with the bad moments. We made the record in six days, pretty absurd for the impact it caused. Almost everything was done with first and second takes. There are few songs that are the product of a third take. It was all fresh, spontaneous, furious. It was great. And now that Im older, all I can do is f ** k around with my friends.

- Are you in contact with your ex-bandmates?

Adler: Yes, with Slash. With Izzy too. I don't see Axl though. I don't see "Asshole".

- Have you heard Velvet Revolver's album, the new group of Slash and Duff McKagan?

Adler: Yeah, but I'm not gonna comment on it because, actually, I would have liked to participate in that project. I'm hurt. They didn't let me participate of any song. But, yeah, I think it's a fantastic record.

- And "Chinese Democracy", the album Axl did with the new version of the band?

Adler: Do you know anyone who has heard it?

- No.

Adler: No one did. I know he recorded a couple of songs during several years, until someone from the company came in and thought they sucked. I would say to "Asshole",' If we got together again, not only we'd have a great time but we'd also make lots of money'. But the truth is that it's been fifteen years since I last saw him.

- Why do you think you have a right to cover Guns N 'Roses songs?

Adler: Have you read the credits of the songs? I wrote some of them. 99 percent of the music, not the lyrics, was made by all of us. Axl, Izzy, Duff, Slash and me. Although, in the week they wrote Use Your Illusion, I could only play one song. I couldn't write anything.

- Do you feel you are the Pete Best of Guns N 'Roses?

Adler: Is that the Beatles drummer who missed everything, right? The difference is that my music, my touch is in Appetite for Destruction. We are connected, at some point, because he was kicked out of the band too. Someone f *** ed us up, but I didn't end up that bad. After I got fired, I played with amazing musicians. The only one I really missed was my great buddy Slash.

- Your incomes still come from Guns N 'Roses?

Adler: Certainly. I receive 15% of everything AFD generates. Slash, Duff and Izzy get a 20% and Axl gets a 25%, because he's the one who wrote the lyrics. Fifteen percent of 85 million is a lot of money, don't you think?

- Yes, of course.

Adler: Well, I live off that.

Source: www.lavozdelinterior.com.ar
Translation: Xozy
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85696

Back to top Go down