APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.07.10 - Gretsch Guitars on Instagram - Q&A with Richard

Go down

2020.07.10 - Gretsch Guitars on Instagram - Q&A with Richard Empty 2020.07.10 - Gretsch Guitars on Instagram - Q&A with Richard

Post by Blackstar Tue Sep 08, 2020 2:42 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2020.07.10 - Gretsch Guitars on Instagram - Q&A with Richard Empty Re: 2020.07.10 - Gretsch Guitars on Instagram - Q&A with Richard

Post by Blackstar Sun May 26, 2024 12:42 am

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:

This past Friday (July 10), Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus took part in a question-and-answer session with fans on the official Instagram of Gretsch guitars. You can now check it out below.

Asked what advice he would give to a 15-year-old guitar player, Fortus said: "Have you ever thought about becoming a lawyer? I'm just kidding. Man, it's a tough time to be a musician, that's for sure. I'm very fortunate. But you know what? If you're meant to be a musician, you don't really have a choice in the matter. So all you can do is play with as many people as you possibly can and get yourself out there and make music non-stop."

Richard also talked about some of the projects he has been working on while in quarantine. He said: "I'm working every day. I've been really fortunate. Unlike a lot of my friends during Covid, they've not had any work, because they're touring musicians or they're studio musicians that don't have a studio at home. I'm actually sitting in my studio, which is in my house, and so I'm able to do sessions for different people. And I've been really fortunate that I've had a ton of work, and I'm busy every day doing sessions, which is awesome, 'cause I love doing that. I love playing on other people's stuff; I love writing with different people. My buddy John Corabi is coming up from Nashville in a few days, and we're gonna work on some stuff together."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-richard-fortus-has-been-doing-a-lot-of-session-work-while-in-quarantine
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down