APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2004.06.04 - Chart Attack - Scott Weiland Sticks It To Toronto Rock Journalists

Go down

2004.06.04 - Chart Attack - Scott Weiland Sticks It To Toronto Rock Journalists  Empty 2004.06.04 - Chart Attack - Scott Weiland Sticks It To Toronto Rock Journalists

Post by Blackstar Sun Aug 23, 2020 6:47 am

Velvet Revolver’s Scott Weiland Sticks It To Toronto Rock Journalists

Don’t expect many more interviews with Velvet Revolver frontman Scott Weiland in the near future. He’s fed up with being misquoted. Or, as he so eloquently put it during a recent Toronto press conference for the band’s debut album Contraband (RCA/BMG).

"I’m sick of journalists sticking their tongue up my ass during the interview, then turning around and trying to fuck me up the ass — without lube — from a safe distance."

Understandably frustrated with how his personal life has become a hotter topic than his musical output, Weiland was intense on this particular day. Questioned as to why exactly he agreed to partake in this particular conference, Weiland was more than blunt. A man of his word, he had committed to the appearance before feeling, um, probed in the posterior by the media. Refusing to let anyone misunderstand his desire to leave this dead horse sufficiently flogged, he growled at the two dozen journalists point-blank.

"If any of you ask me about [anything personal] today, first I won’t answer the question. Then I’ll tell you to fuck off, get up from the table, walk away and not come back."

Visibly stunned, writers, camera men and record label crew alike nervously shifted in their seats before guitarist Slash broke the rapidly-increasing ice with a rousing, "Hell yeah!"

Naturally, hilarity ensued and everyone lightened up. Initially claiming the need to save his voice for the evening’s performance, Weiland was quick to join the band in fielding many questions. He injected a few personal thoughts on the band’s origin and offered his personal opinion of the state of rock music today.

Eventually Weiland’s gruff comment was overshadowed by the band’s (rounded out by bassist Duff McKagan, guitarist Dave Kushner and drummer Matt Sorum) obvious cheer at the heaps of attention surrounding this "supergroup." They enthusiastically took turns fielding questions ranging from the band’s expectations given their previous successes (there are apparently few despite being founded from the likes of former Guns N’ Roses, Stone Temple Pilots and Dave Navarro Band members) and status as rock icons (Slash was disappointed at not being one of Rolling Stone’s Top 100 Guitarists, consoling himself with "Sweet Child O’ Mine" being voted Best Rock Riff Ever by a guitar mag) for the better part of an hour.

Yet nothing had the impact of Weiland’s conditions aside from Slash’s unforgettable answer to the query of how he feels about Toronto’s marijuana.

"All I really recall from Toronto is the pussy," he joked to hearty laughter. As the band was guided off to soundcheck, many journalists agreed: it’s time to abide by the "Fasten Seatbelts" sign, kiddies. There’s danger headed towards rock ‘n’ roll once again… and they’re calling it Velvet Revolver.

—Keith Carman
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down