APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2002.11.DD - Spin - Weez Your Illusions

Go down

2002.11.DD - Spin - Weez Your Illusions Empty 2002.11.DD - Spin - Weez Your Illusions

Post by Blackstar Sat May 16, 2020 5:57 am

2002.11.DD - Spin - Weez Your Illusions 2002_110

WEEZ YOUR ILLUSIONS

Weezer made their bones touring this past summer with shredding guitar solos and garish pyro. But the erstwhile alt-rockers have officially become "made" metal gods, courtesy of capo Axl Rose. The Weez were handpicked by the ever-unpredictable Guns N' Roses leader to open his band's sold-out show at London Arena in August, Apparently Rose extended the invitation after studying Weezer's set at Japan's Summer Sonic 2002 Festival, where both bands performed.

"He was on the stage watching us while we were playing," guitarist Brian Bell says. "I was actually a bit nervous about that. After the show, Axl and Rivers (Cuomo) talked, and that's how it happened." No need to reread that last sentence—it says what you think it says. It makes our heads hurt, too, but Weezer were genuinely psyched by the one-off matchup. "It takes me back to the days when I lived behind Hollywood Boulevard in 1988, hearing Appetite blaring out of Z28s," Bell says. "The songs are as good today as they were yesterday."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down