APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2020.03.16 - No Guitar Is Safe Podcast - A Chat With Slash

Go down

2020.03.16 - No Guitar Is Safe Podcast - A Chat With Slash Empty 2020.03.16 - No Guitar Is Safe Podcast - A Chat With Slash

Post by Blackstar Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:22 am

Interview conducted in January at NAMM but released in March

Transcript of the really interesting part:

Jude Gold: Do you play the original Appetite guitar that much? Does it sit behind...

Slash: No, actually I just took it back to the locker the other day. I had it in the studio working on some Guns stuff, so...

Jude Gold: And so what is the plan for Guns? There is a tour coming up?

Slash: There’s everything!

Jude Gold: You still didn’t put something new, I mean...

Slash: No, there’s a new... We’re doing a show for the Super Bowl series and then we’re doing a South American tour, and a European tour in the summer and also coming back to the States. And it is not the Not In This Lifetime Tour. So it’s not labeled that.

Jude Gold: Are you tracking right now? New stuff?

Slash: Oh, there’s all kinds of stuff going on.

Jude Gold: Yeah, all kind of stuff going on.

Slash: (Laughs)

---------

Another excerpt transcribed by Blabbermouth:
In a recent interview with Guitar Player's "No Guitar Is Safe" podcast, Slash spoke about what it felt like for him to step back out on stage with GUNS N' ROSES for the first time in over two decades at the band's April 2016 concert at the Troubadour in West Hollywood, California.

"That was our first gig back," Slash said. "I think probably the last time that we ever played there was in 1985. I don't think we even played there in 1986. Probably '85 was the last time we played there. "[The April 2016 concert was] our first show together after 20 years. We obviously had more gear and more crew than we did back in the day, I'll tell you that much. And it was loud. But it was a lot of fun. It was an almost poignant moment to fucking stand there and look at that crowd in that sort of room and have that kind of nostalgic feeling."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87097

Back to top Go down