APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1996.11.DD - Total Guitar - Slash Speaks!

Go down

1996.11.DD - Total Guitar - Slash Speaks! Empty 1996.11.DD - Total Guitar - Slash Speaks!

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:29 pm

Thanks to @Surge for sending us this interview!

1996.11.DD - Total Guitar - Slash Speaks! 1996-110

Transcript:
-------------------

Slash speaks!
GUNS N’ ROSES TO RETURN

In an exclusive interview, the lord of the Les Paul reveals how everything is still coming up Roses...

GUNS N’ Roses guitarist Slash has revealed that the LA rockers - virtually reclusive over the last three years - have commenced work on new material. He has also spoken out about exactly what he has been doing since the last Guns album, The Spaghetti Incident.

“I haven’t just been sitting around, that’s for sure,” he insists. “I’ve done some 580 gigs since ’93. Only 189 of those were with my own band, Slash’s Snakepit. I’ve just been getting out there and having fun and playing wacky shows with people like James Brown and Les Paul. Playing different kinds of music, from jazz to blues to... whatever.”

GUNS AND POSES

Slash also revealed that the traditionally volatile Guns ’N Roses writing machine has swung into action. “Yeah, like always, we’ve been swapping tapes," he says. “We always do that; then if everything clicks when we’re together, we turn each individual’s songs into something heavy. If it doesn’t happen -I don’t mean to disappoint anybody -but it’s just a bunch of human beings making a version of everyday life.”

WELL-OILED

Although Slash is optimistic, he insists that GN’R could never function as a well-oiled machine. “There’s imperfections in any mechanics,” he drawls. “Anything that’s supposed to be orderly is fine, but we’re not that kind of band. Never will be. That I don't expect.

What I do expect is a unity and a meeting of minds between the guys. It’s not one of these bands that sits down and calculates stuff. It’s a rock ’n’ roll band. If Guns lost that, then it would become like, well, I won’t name names.” One Slash-related project which is set in stone is music for the new serial killer movie, Curdled, executive produced by Quentin Tarantino.

“It’s Spanish guitar,” he says, “which isn’t something traditionally associated with me. But my music appears during the murder scenes, which is cool...”
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down