APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.07.28 - Santa Ana Organge County Register - Box Around The Clock [Axl mention]

Go down

1991.07.28 - Santa Ana Organge County Register - Box Around The Clock [Axl mention] Empty 1991.07.28 - Santa Ana Organge County Register - Box Around The Clock [Axl mention]

Post by Soulmonster Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:24 pm

1991.07.28 - Santa Ana Organge County Register - Box Around The Clock [Axl mention] Santa_10

Transcript:

Box Around the Clock

Motley Crue singer Vince Neil's recent challenge to fight Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose has fans and record industry insiders howling with laughter.

In an Elektra Records press release, Neil said Rose has persist-ed in making disparaging re-marks about Motley Crue.

But some don't find Neil's challenge so funny. Bryn Bridenthal, vice president of publicity for Geffen Records, said Guns N' Roses had no comment about the matter. She did, however, have a few choice words for Neil and the Crue, saying the challenge was a "cheap publicity stunt" designed to hype the Crue's forthcoming album, "Decade of Decadence."

Officials from Motley Crue's label, Elektra, had no comment.

Though it doesn't appear as if Rose will take Neil up on his offer, some industry insiders were asked who they would bet on in a Neil-Rose fight.

■ Bob Merlis, Warner Bros. Records publicity chief: "I think it depends on the respective combatants' state of health. Isn't Vince Neil one of those clean and sober guys? I'd have to bet on clean and sober."

■ Brian Slagle, chief executive officer of Metal Blade Records: "I'd go for Axl. If he got in one of those moods of his, it would be `See ya, Vince.' "

▪ Kim Kalman, publicist, Le-vine Schneider Public Relations: "Axl would win hands down. He's a madman. Vince is flabby. Axl is solid as a rock. His bod is live."

— Bruce Britt/ Los Angeles Daily News
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down