APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.10.13 - Press Release from Geffen - "The Spaghetti Incident?" Will Hit The Streets November 23

Go down

1993.10.13 - Press Release from Geffen - "The Spaghetti Incident?" Will Hit The Streets November 23 Empty 1993.10.13 - Press Release from Geffen - "The Spaghetti Incident?" Will Hit The Streets November 23

Post by Blackstar Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:44 am

Many thanks to @troccoli for sharing this with us, and for the amazing collection of GN'R memorabilia he has made available on his site. The original image of the press release can be found here:
http://www.troccolitm.com/TSIPressRelease.html

-------

GEFFEN RECORDS

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE  
OCTOBER 13, 1993

GUNS N' ROSES' COLLECTION: "THE SPAGHETTI INCIDENT?"
WILL HIT THE STREETS NOVEMBER 23 VIA GEFFEN RECORDS

Guns N' Roses will unveil "another album chock full of unsavory subject matter" with their much anticipated collection of cover songs, The Spaghetti Incident?, set for release November 23, 1993 on Geffen Records worldwide.

The notoriously unpredictable rock 'n' roll band has conjured up a few surprises for this album, including a Slash N' Axl vocal, a guest appearance by former Hanoi Rocks frontman Michael Monroe and a GN'R version of "Since I Don't Have You," originally recorded in 1958 by The Skyliners. The album also includes scorching renditions of songs such as "New Rose" (originally recorded by The Damned), "Down On The Farm" (The UK Subs), "Human Being" (The New York Dolls), "Raw Power" (Iggy And The Stooges), "Ain't It Fun" (The Dead Boys), "Buick Makane (Big Dumb Sex)" (T.Rex/Soundgarden), "Hair Of The Dog" (Nazareth), "Attitude" (The Misfits), "You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory" (Johnny Thunders) and "I Don't Care About You" (Fear).

The Spaghetti Incident? is a tribute to some of the music that originally inspired the members of Guns N' Roses to take up their instruments. In the liner notes a message from the band says: "A great song can be found anywhere. Do yourself a favor and go find the originals."

Eight of the tracks were produced by Mike Clink and Guns N' Roses, one by the band alone and one by GN'R bassist Duff McKagan and Jim Mitchell. All were mixed by Bill Price.

"Ain't It Fun" will advance the album to radio on October 26.

When the band returned from their record-setting, 28-month tour of the world this past summer, they returned to the studio to complete The Spaghetti Incident?, a work they conceived before they’d finished their last studio albums, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II. Those albums made recording history when they were released simultaneously in September of 1991, debuting at #2 and #1 respectively on the Billboard charts and racking up combined sales of 27 million units to date, plus "gold" singles for "You Could Be Mine," "Don't Cry" and "November Rain."

###

Contacts:

Bryn Bridenthal
Roy Hamm
Lisa Mathis
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down