APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.03.DD - MTV - Interview with Duff (and his wife, Linda)

2 posters

Go down

1993.03.DD - MTV - Interview with Duff (and his wife, Linda) Empty 1993.03.DD - MTV - Interview with Duff (and his wife, Linda)

Post by Blackstar Tue May 21, 2019 3:03 am

Transcript:
---------------

Loder: ... his home in Los Angeles recently to watch as his wife of eight months, Linda McKagan, posed for a nude photo spread for a new skin magazine called “Platinum.” Here’s as much of what we saw as we’re able to show you.

Voice-over: Duff McKagan and his wife of eight months, model Linda McKagan, will offer a glimpse of their version of domestic bliss for a photo spread in Platinum Magazine, the self-declared men’s magazine for the 90s.

Duff: It’s just basically, they’re gonna come out for a few days on the tour to see exactly how we live on the road, you know. So it’s gonna be pretty interesting.

Voice-over: So how is married life working out for the McKagans?

Linda: There’s a few things that are irritating, but as far as like...

Duff: What?

Linda: Well, you know, that you don’t flick your ashes and I have to get the ashtray (laughs). Nothing, nothing major.

Linda: Well, you don’t like my disco either.

Duff: Well, after playing it ten times in a row. She’s got one of the 70s disco thing off those TV, and, you know - but that’s, like, ten times.

Voice-over: It doesn’t sound too serious. Since his wedding, Duff has completed his first solo album, which features a virtual parade of guest performers.

Duff: Lenny Kravitz played on a song, Jeff Beck asked me if he could play on it. It took me, like, a tenth of a millisecond to say yes. Now let me think about that for a second. Slash played on a song, Matt Sorum is gonna be playing drums on a song, Teddy played keyboards, and then Dizzy, Sebastian and Rob from Skid Row played on a song. It’s great. I mean, I got, you know, a little help from my friends. It’s great.

Voice-over: That record will be released sometime this year. In the meantime, Duff will continue to discover the wonders of having a significant other.

Duff: She has immiscibility. I mean, before I thought packing a bag was just kind of throwing clothes (?) on the floor next to my bed and accumulate it for months, just throw it in a bag and off on tour we go. But actually I guess you can fold it and put it in there. I never knew that.

Linda: And you wash them, too.

Duff: Oh, yes, sure. And I wash my hair and all the stuff too.

Linda: He’s all together now.

Duff: Yeah.

Last edited by Blackstar on Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

1993.03.DD - MTV - Interview with Duff (and his wife, Linda) Empty Re: 1993.03.DD - MTV - Interview with Duff (and his wife, Linda)

Post by Soulmonster Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:13 pm

No, he is not "all together" there Shocked

It is almost mind-boggling what turnaround Duff achieved. Kudos.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down