APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.10.03 - The Indianapolis News - Going from guns to gauntlets

Go down

1991.10.03 - The Indianapolis News - Going from guns to gauntlets Empty 1991.10.03 - The Indianapolis News - Going from guns to gauntlets

Post by Blackstar Sun Dec 30, 2018 3:24 pm

1991.10.03 - The Indianapolis News - Going from guns to gauntlets Y895rAF7_o

TRANSCRIPTION:
---------------------

Going from guns to gauntlets

By MIKE REDMOND
The Indianapolis News

There already has been some interesting fallout from Guns Ν’ Roses’ “Use Your Illusion” albums . . . more interesting even than Axl Rose’s poor-me, I-had-to-grow-up-in-Lafayette rant, or than half the songs on the records.

It seems that Rose, who challenged a number of rock press types — by name — to ‘ Get in the Ring” in the song by that title has been answered by one of them.

“I’m dead serious about this. He called me out — now where is he?” asked Bob Guccione Jr., editor and publisher of Spin magazine. “He’s a poser and a coward and I’ll say that in his home state.

“If I challenged Mellencamp he’d be on the next plane!”

To Rose, Guccione wrote:

“I have just heard your song Get in the Ring’ and I want you to know I heartily accept the challenge and thank you for the invitation. Let’s do it. I say. at your earliest convenience.

“By the way, I mentioned in the press that I’d be only too happy to oblige you. I take the fact that there has been absolutely no response from you to indicate how busy you must be. I mean, what with canceling concerts, starting riots and beating up paying fans trying to take pictures of you. what a schedule you’ve had! I sympathize.

“So I just wanted to let you know, directly, that as soon as you're ready I am too. Perhaps until then, you shouldn’t sing that song. At least not too loudly. eh?"
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 89350

Back to top Go down