APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club

3 posters

Go down

1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club Empty 1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:01 am

TRANSCRIPTION:

Interviewer: We’re right here with Axl Rose at Exposure 54. Axl, how you doing, bud?

Axl: I’m doing great, man.

Interviewer: How’s the album doing?

Axl: We'll start the album in about a week or so, and we’ve got a new track coming out in about three weeks.

Interviewer: Yeah, (?)

Axl: It's gonna be on a benefit album, with, like, Elton John and Eric Clapton and the Wilburys and shit.

Interviewer: Oh, great! Yeah, so do you like the girls here, the action? Do you guys ever play Exposure?

Axl: No, we haven’t played here yet. It’s like, I really like the club and it’s neat seeing  something this wild and this big in Hollywood, all the neon lights and everything. It’s kind of exciting. It’s a lot of fun.

Interviewer: Yeah. How’d you like that band (?)

Axl: That was pretty cool. I didn’t see much of it. This is my first night, like, being in a club married.

Interviewer: Yeah? Ohh, wow. And Gene Simmons is here.

Axl: Yeah, well, we don’t get along so well.

Interviewer: Oh, well, great. Great to see you. What’s the name of your new album coming out?

Axl: It might be called Use Your Illusion. We’re talking with an artist named Kostabi, because I bought a painting and we want to use it as a possible cover, and the title of the painting is “Use Your Illusion”, and that’s what we may use. I wrote a song the night before that says, “I bought me an illusion and put it on the wall”, and the next day I found a painting called “Use Your Illusion”, and [cut to another clip]

Axl: I want to introduce you to my wife, Erin Invicta Everly Rose.

Erin: Hello!

Voice-over: Axl has had many triumphs and successes. And to this day the world waits eagerly for the next Guns N’ Roses album, knowing that, without a doubt, when it arrives, it will reinvent the sound of rock ‘n’ roll; and once and for all prove that GN’R is king.

Last edited by Blackstar on Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87860

Back to top Go down

1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club Empty Re: 1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club

Post by Shackler Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:54 pm

In a Swedish Sweet Child O' Mine documentary they credit the interview to "Exposure 54, Los Angeles (1990)", maybe it's some club employee interviewing him?
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2748

Back to top Go down

1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club Empty Re: 1990.07.DD - Unknown source - Interview with Axl at Exposure 54 Club

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:42 pm

Interesting. Exposure 54 is mentioned in this article: https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/kzdpyz/deep-dive-los-angeles-sunset-strip
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76731

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:02 pm

Exposure 54 is also mentioned in the interview itself (in the beginning), so we know that this is where the interview took place:
Interviewer: We’re right here with Axl Rose at Exposure 54. Axl, how you doing, bud?
I think @Shackler suggests that the video interview might have been the club's production, like they were interviewing celebrities that went to their club for promotional reasons.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Shackler Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:09 pm

Blackstar wrote:I think @Shackler suggests that the video interview might have been the club's production, like they were interviewing celebrities that went to their club for promotional reasons.

That's what I'm thinking. It seems likely. I haven't seen any other sources claiming this interview - not that I've done any intense research either. If there would be some production behind it I suppose they would say what production in the beginning of the interview, as usual.
Shackler
Shackler

Plectra : 2748

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:41 am

Shackler wrote:That's what I'm thinking. It seems likely. I haven't seen any other sources claiming this interview - not that I've done any intense research either. If there would be some production behind it I suppose they would say what production in the beginning of the interview, as usual.
Yes, this seems likely.

For the time being, I'm keeping it as "Unknown Source", but I'm adding the name of the club the interview took place at in the title.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down