APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

What's next for GN'R?

4 posters

Go down

What's next for GN'R? Empty What's next for GN'R?

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:03 am

Axl said the following during the last (and concluding) show of the NITL tour:

“Okay now, we have a bit more to do here. I want to thank you, I want to thank the fans all around the world for making the last couple of years fucking awesome. I want to thank the band that I’m sure hates me. I want to thank Opie and our crew. I want to thank Jeremy and all of our sound [crew], and all of our security, and all of our business and management teams.

Thank you very much for the last couple of years, and we hope to keep this thing running, so we’ll see what happens next. We had to get through this first, and you helped us do that. We can’t do what’s next until we finish this.”

So what do you think is next for the band? A live record? More touring? A studio recording? A LAs Vegas residency?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

What's next for GN'R? Empty Re: What's next for GN'R?

Post by Uli Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:21 am

A hiatus. Wink
I mean, with Slash doing his MK&TC tour, Duff making a solo album, Axl doing whatever he does when he's not touring... it is obviously a "pause" coming up.
After that? I would hope for new stuff. With Axl saying "we had to get through this first", there is a glimmer of hope!
(Plus Slash not ruling it out etc.)

A live album or dvd/blu would of course be a way to "bridge the gap" until the next step and keep the band in the headlines of the "music news". Cool

Back in the day you'd have to take a sentence like "I'm sure the band hates me" very seriously, but nowadays you can be sure Axl was just "pulling their legs". Very Happy
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:11 am

Indeed.

It does seem like the natural step for them now would be to release some new material. Maybe a live record first, then some original material, or maybe a live record with a couple new songs.

But although the intention may be there -- and pardon for being a cynic -- I still feel it is a fair bit to go for Axl to produce in the studio. Not saying he hasn't got the chops, just fear he will be all Axl about it and it will take ages to get it done. Unless, of course, they use unreleased CD songs and let Slash and Duff add tracks to them.

In either way, good to know the saga of GN'R hasn't ended yet.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:31 am

This is the tour page at gunsnroses.com now:

What's next for GN'R? SlHm1jqRbutLlkdbUpKk+Utennavn
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Misfit79 Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:27 am

Interesting... it’s not a left over headline from the NITL tour, is it?
Misfit79
Misfit79

Plectra : 2378

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:22 am

I don't think so.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Misfit79 Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:37 pm

I think it’s old. A left over from NITL.
Richard has done a new interview - he has talked about Guns’ future in this part of it at the beginning:

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-12-13-18-02?in=kshe-95/sets/favazz-interviews-richard-fortus-of-pale-divine-and-guns-n-roses#t=3:23

In the first part he said he got crap from the bands management for the interview he did before about how well the reunion was going (this was 2yrs ago) because they’re so protective!
Misfit79
Misfit79

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:24 am

Misfit79 wrote:I think it’s old. A left over from NITL.
Richard has done a new interview - he has talked about Guns’ future in this part of it at the beginning:

https://soundcloud.com/kshe-95/fortus-12-13-18-02?in=kshe-95/sets/favazz-interviews-richard-fortus-of-pale-divine-and-guns-n-roses#t=3:23

In the first part he said he got crap from the bands management for the interview he did before about how well the reunion was going (this was 2yrs ago) because they’re so protective!

Thanks for the interview!
Sounds promising. But then again Richard has a history of saying there would be new music for years...
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

Post by Misfit79 Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:11 pm

Thanks for the interview!
Sounds promising. But then again Richard has a history of saying there would be new music for years...[/quote]

Yeah, he does say this kind of thing every time a tour finishes and he gets asked THE question!
At least we know for sure NITL has finished and there won’t be any more tour dates for a good while. He made it sound as though they want to have a real reason to be out touring again ie a new album..... but that gives Axl so much time to change his mind about anything they have planned lol
Misfit79
Misfit79

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:54 pm

The use of the term "very soon" almost makes me think he's kidding! Wink

Guns N’ Roses Reveal New Album Plans In Stunning Announcement: ‘Very Soon’
https://tinyurl.com/yc6vvp4k
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum