APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1992.09.DD - MTV - Interview with Izzy

Go down

1992.09.DD - MTV - Interview with Izzy Empty 1992.09.DD - MTV - Interview with Izzy

Post by Blackstar Sat Dec 01, 2018 2:47 am

TRANSCRIPTION:
-----------------------

Voice-over (Loder): Founding Guns N’ Roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin has resurfaced after leaving the band last November with a debut solo album called “Izzy Stradlin and The Ju Ju Hounds”. A stripped-down unit, featuring former Georgia Satellites guitarist Rick Richards, Broken Homes bassist Jimmy Ashurst and one-time Bob Dylan drummer Charlie Quintana.

[Shuffle It All video]

Kurt Loder: Do you like the idea of being, like, a frontman, like the focus on the band being on you?

Izzy: Well, I mean, it was... You know, it’s nothing I planned or really had inspiration to do. But at the same time it’s like... You know, why not? It’s like, what are you gonna do? I mean, especially after being in a band with Axl, it’s like, who am I gonna get? (laughs).

Voice-over: It was reported that Stradlin had left Guns N’ Roses because he was tired of touring. But the guitarist says that’s not entirely true and that the real problem was personal.

Izzy: I ain’t got a problem, really, with touring. I think I got a bad rap on all that, but... You know what I mean, it’s like...

Loder: What was the actual story then?

Izzy: Well, I had a bus and they had a plane. And I beat them; to the gig (chuckles).

Loder: (Laughs)

Izzy: You get to the point where you’re like, am I gonna carry on like this or am I not, you know. And I said I’m not.

Voice-over: So Stradlin took what he figured was a well-deserved break.

Izzy: I went on a trip across the States. I went to Grand Canyon, and New Orleans, and Florida, and I surfed and... Just, you know, I went around going, “What will I do now?” You know, I was in Guns N’ Roses.

[Time Gone By video]

Voice-over: Then he got the Ju Ju Hounds together and recruited some guest stars, such as Ronnie Wood of The Rolling Stones, band whose influence is clearly apparent on Stradlin’s own album.

Izzy: I’m a big fan of Keith, and Ronnie, and the Stones...

Voice-over: A veteran of giant stadiums and arenas, Stradlin says he’s looking forward to a scaled-down club tour with The Ju Ju Hounds.  

Izzy: It’s just more of a case of, you know, back to ground one. Low-budge, let’s just go play, you know. You write your songs, you play them, record them. You know, we’re lucky we can put out a record and then just go and play; you know, the songs we record.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 86383

Back to top Go down