APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2014.09.09 - Linea Rock - Interview with Slash

Go down

2014.09.09 - Linea Rock - Interview with Slash Empty 2014.09.09 - Linea Rock - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:20 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2014.09.09 - Linea Rock - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2014.09.09 - Linea Rock - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Thu Apr 28, 2022 5:33 am

Excerpt from Blabbermouth:
--------------------------------

Journalist and musician Barbara Caserta of Italy's Linearock recently conducted an interview with legendary guitarist Slash. You can now watch the chat below.

Speaking about the tremendous commercial success of Guns N' Roses' classic first album, "Appetite For Destruction", which is said to be the biggest-selling debut LP of the Eighties and the biggest hard-rock game-changer since "Led Zeppelin IV", Slash said: "I'm so proud of the fact that I was involved in a record that had that kind of impact. But if you were to tell me back then that that's what it was gonna be, I would never have believed you. It was just a record made by these five characters, and looking back on it, there was something in all that that spoke to people in a certain way. It was a very street-wise band but with a very naïve worldview. It was a social commentary, but it wasn't about the world at large, it was internal angst that teenagers, I guess, really related to and it was delivered with the kind of impact that really had a big effect on people. And it's the combination of emotions and energy and all this stuff that couldn't even really be replicated. It was just something that happened in the moment that's… I mean, I remember when the record was finished, I thought we'd be a really cool cult band. [Laughs]"

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-is-so-proud-of-the-fact-that-he-was-involved-in-making-of-guns-n-roses-appetite-for-destruction
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down