APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash)

2 posters

Go down

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) Empty 1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:29 pm

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) VQJDPYAgRqWCfhhcGPEw+scan0023

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) AKatJcGaTtebKu10xvWf+scan0024

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) LVWaORArQBS5FzZveiIA+scan0025

TRANSCRIPT
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) Empty Re: 1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:31 pm

I will transcript later, but what is most surprising to me with this interview, is the talk about GN'R having toured with Stryper som months before this interview took place, so likely some time in the second half of 1987! I can't remember having heard about GN'R touring with Stryper before. It is not listed at gnrontour.com, it is (I believe) not mentioned in any biographies. I can't find anything about it when googling. But Slash talks about it as if it really happened, and the references to the band's religiosity implies it must have been Stryper. Super-huh!?
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) Empty Re: 1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash)

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:47 pm

Steven says in his biography that they tried to do a tour with Stryper in 1987 but that it fell apart. Maybe they just did a few dates? Stryper was touring their "To Hell with the Devil" record in 1987, across the USA but also in Europe. GN'R was busy with touring with the Cult from August 14, so any dates with Stryper likely happened before that, and close to LA. Stryper did shows in California on February 1, July 31, August 1 and August 2. In late July, early August the band was making the video for WTTJ and were in Los Angeles where Stryper played. So if they really did shows with Stryper, and I find it hard to believe they didn't given Slash's comments, I believe these dates are most likely.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:55 pm

Could the quote in the interview have been just made up by the writer? Apparently, the band did negotiate a tour with Stryper (re: Steven Adler), so maybe the author, Andy Secher, just assumed it had happened when he wrote the interview and just made up an answer from Slash?

YES! I suddenly remembered where I had heard "Any Secher" before:

"And that goes for all of you punks in the press
That want to start shit by printin' lies instead of the things we said
That means you Andy Secher at Hit Parader

Circus Magazine
Mick wall at Kerrang!
Bob Guccione jr. at Spin
What you pissed off 'cause your dad gets more pussy than you?
Fuck you!
Suck my fuckin' dick!
You be rippin' off the fuckin' kids
While they be payin' their hard earned money to read about the bands they want to know about
Printin' lies
Startin' controversy
You want to antagonize me?
Antagonize me motherfucker!
Get in the ring motherfucker!
And I'll kick your bitchy little ass! Punk!!
"

Hoho! Now I think we know exactly why Secher was included in those lyrics. It also means I can't trust any part of this interview, not that there is much of substance there anyway. It would be interesting to know if he actually did an interview with Slash, and just added some fabricated quotes, or if it is entirely made up and/or stolen from other interviews.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:14 am

Duff would later refer to magazines talking about the band having toured with Stryper:

There was one that said we were on tour with Stryper, and that we burned all their bibles onstage - we’ve never even been on tour with Stryper! Yet there was a whole article about it! [Kerrang! August 3, 1991].
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by lipeguns Sat Oct 09, 2021 2:42 pm

Soulmonster wrote:1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) VQJDPYAgRqWCfhhcGPEw+scan0023

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) AKatJcGaTtebKu10xvWf+scan0024

1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) LVWaORArQBS5FzZveiIA+scan0025

TRANSCRIPT

These scans are not online anymore. Please, could you upload it again?

On this same "interview", Andy Secher quoted Slash saying about Axl runs over dogs. Axl, on an phone interview probably to the Japanese press, talk that Slash never said that!

The part of he saying can be hear here at 5:27:
lipeguns
lipeguns

Plectra : 1951

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 12, 2021 9:40 am

lipeguns wrote:
Soulmonster wrote:1987.12.DD - Hit Parader - Bad To The Bone (Slash) VQJDPYAgRqWCfhhcGPEw+scan0023

TRANSCRIPT

These scans are not online anymore. Please, could you upload it again?

On this same "interview", Andy Secher quoted Slash saying about Axl runs over dogs. Axl, on an phone interview probably to the Japanese press, talk that Slash never said that!

The part of he saying can be hear here at 5:27:

Uhm, not sure where I have them. I do believe I own the magazine itself so I could always scan them again. The reason why I never transcribed the interview was that it contained outright lies and hence had no credibility.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down