APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA

3 posters

Go down

2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA Empty 2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:59 pm

2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1

August 19, 2016
Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Chinese Democracy
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Estranged
07. Live and Let Die
08. Rocket Queen
09. Better
10. You Could Be Mine
11. Raw Power (w/ You Can't Put Your Arms Around A Memory intro)
12. This I Love
13. Civil War
14. Coma
Godfather theme (Slash's solo)
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
16. Out Ta Get Me (w/ Steven Adler)
17. My Michelle (w/ Steven Adler)
Wish You Were Here jam
18. November Rain
19. Knockin' One Heaven's Door
20. Nightrain
ENCORE:
21. Sorry
22. Don't Cry
23. The Seeker
24. Paradise City

Date:
August 19, 2016.

Venue:
Dodger Stadium.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Slash: Lead and rhythm guitar, and backing vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm and lead guitar, and backing vocals
Duff Mckagan: Bass and backing vocals
Dizzy Reed: Piano and backing vocals
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Melissa Reese: Keyboard and backing vocals

Notes:
For the third time during the Not In This Lifetime tour Steven Adler joined the band to play drums on two songs.

Poster:
(Artist: Arian Buhler)

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

Back to top Go down

2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA Empty Re: 2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Post by Uli Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:17 pm

http://tinyurl.com/z3urwk9

Guns N’ Roses have enjoyed quite the year as Slash and Duff McKagan rejoined the group, igniting one of the most long-anticipated moments in rock history. While the drum position is Frank Ferrer‘s, that hasn’t stopped the band from inviting iconic drummer Steven Adler to reclaim the drum stool for a couple songs. The classic member joined GN’R onstage for the third time on the ‘Not in This Lifetime…’ tour last night (Aug. 19).

Enjoying their second consecutive night at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles, Calif., Guns N’ Roses brought up Adler to a roar of applause and cheers from the crowd. As he had done in Cincinnati, Ohio and Nashville, Tenn., the sticksman performed “Out Ta Get Me” (video above) and “My Michelle” (video below) from the legendary Appetite for Destruction debut.
While “Out Ta Get Me” has been a setlist staple, the same can’t be said for “My Michelle” as fans received a double dose of greatness with the song’s inclusion and Adler behind the kit.

http://loudwire.com/steven-adler-joins-guns-n-roses-onstage-los-angeles/
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9461

Back to top Go down

2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA Empty Re: 2016.08.19 - Dodger Stadium, Los Angeles, CA, USA

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 10:30 am

Blabbermouth, Aug. 19:
Guns N' Roses Launches Pop-Up Shop In West Hollywood

Music merchandise leader Bravado and noted fashion designer John Varvatos have partnered to open a special Guns N' Roses pop-up shop to celebrate the band's homecoming performances on its "Not In This LIfetime" tour on Thursday (August 18) and Friday (August 19) at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.

The temporary retail store has been set up at Varvatos's location at 8800 Melrose Avenue in West Hollywood, offering exclusive and limited-edition John Varvatos X GNR collaboration pieces.

The 15-piece John Varvatos x GNR collection consists of baseball hats starting at $25 retail, T-shirts starting at $40, bomber jackets for $425 and hand-painted leather jackets for $1,195.

Guns N' Roses previously had a pop-up store at the John Varvatos store in New York City this past July.

Pop-up shop's hours of operation:

Friday and Saturday: 11 a.m.-7 p.m.
Sunday: Noon-6 p.m.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 11:51 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 11:52 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 11:56 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 11:58 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 3:59 pm

Review in AllAxess.com, Aug. 20:
Live Review: Guns N’ Roses Close Out Historic Two-Night Stand at Dodgers Stadium

By Rick Florino

“Did you hear that?” a smiling Axl Rose asked Dodgers Stadium in Los Angeles last night.

The audience’s deafening roar affirmed a resounding, “Yes!” Axl, of course, was referring to the oncoming “Nightrain,” which bookended the first part of what will be recalled as an historic two-night stand in L.A. for the penultimate shows of the 2016 North American Not In This Lifetime… Tour.

However, really what the crowd was hearing—beyond the greatest rock ‘n’ roll band of all time—was the steamrolling spirit of an entire musical style shining and its unifying power over one of America’s most diverse cities.

With the festival and streaming culture music lives in, everything is so meta-fragmented and fractalized. Even in that space, Guns N’ Roses can bring people of all ages and backgrounds together so wonderfully.

It’s a sign of music’s power, and it shows a younger generation it’s possible to raise a middle finger to the status quo and still make a revolution happen.

God willing, some kid left that show ready to write this century’s Use Your Illusion1&2 or Appetite for Destruction. It’s certainly possible given how powerful the performance was.

“Flawless” doesn’t even begin to describe the marathon 26-song show.

It was like watching a classic film unfold, starring Axl, Slash, Duff McKagan, Dizzy Reed, Frank Ferrer, Richard Fortus, and Melissa Reese in addition to a triumphant guest appearance by none other than Steven Adler.

The songs remained locked and loaded with power, action, danger, lust, and life. That’s what makes people listen to rock music in the first place.

So much has been written and said about this tour, but what matters most here is the music. As far as concerts go, this is the one you to see before you die. It’s Bucket List material undoubtedly.

See it when you can and simply enjoy the hell out of it. Nothing more really needs to be said.

Duff’s bass wallop kicked off the festivities with a punked-up panache on “It’s So Easy” as Axl’s perfect delivery resounded through the night sky, morphing between timbres and tones and assuming the different characters that populated the world of the band’s music.

Frank’s inimitable and impenetrable drumming drove an airtight “Mr. Brownstone” as Axl shimmied across the stage with effusive charm and charisma. Slash ignited “Chinese Democracy” with metallic heft as he and Richard shredded like their lives depended on it.

They’ve locked into an explosive chemistry that’s nothing short of magic. Simultaneously, “Welcome to the Jungle” practically ignited another “Big One” for Southern California, while Slash and Richard brought thrash intensity to “Double Talkin’ Jive.”

Dizzy and Melissa shined during “Estranged” and “Live and Let Die,” enriching and expanding the epic sonic palette of both.

“Rocket Queen” reached a bluesy climax fortified by the six-string symphony and Axl’s towering vocals.

Chinese Democracy standout “This I Love” built from Dizzy’s delicate piano playing into another show-stopping turn by Axl before Slash hit a soulful and searing solo out of the park.

“Civil War” possessed the audience into a massive sing-a-long, and “Coma” offered a ponderous, progressive darkness complementing the cover of Pink Floyd’s “Wish You Were Here” later in the set.

Steven took the spot on the throne behind the kit for Appetite for Destruction anthems “Out Ta Get Me” and “My Michelle,” pounding his heart out.

Axl’s piano and vocal showing on “November Rain” practically brought the crowd to tears followed by a jaw-dropping “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door.”

“Sorry” and “Don’t Cry” fit snugly next to each other before a rollicking take on The Who’s “The Seeker” and a rousing momentous “Paradise City.”

Over and over again, we hear people decry the death of rock ‘n’ roll. It’s been a running motif for the entire 21st century.

Packing Dodgers Stadium two nights in a row in this day and age invariably proves that mindset wrong.

It matters that it happened. Guns N’ Roses did something so classic that it’ll never die.

These seven musicians breathe that life into the music, and that speaks the loudest. That’s exactly what Axl wants you to hear…
https://allaxess.com/live-review-guns-n-roses-close-historic-two-night-stand-dodgers-stadium/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 4:09 pm

Review in AlexRox.com, Aug. 31, 2016:
Concert Review – Gun’s N Roses Live at Dodger Stadium

By Alex Wyatt

It’s safe to say that Guns N Roses have roared out of the depths of mediocrity with the biggest comeback the industry has seen in years. While all isn’t completely right (No Izzy Straddlin), things are very excellent in the GNR camp. Axl has lost a considerable amount of weight and regained his voice back, Slash and Duff are back in the band, and Richard Fortus (While he lacks the style of Izzy) is one of the greatest players on the planet. Steven Adler even came out for two numbers, ‘Out ta Get Me’ and ‘My Michelle’. Previously Adler had only played one song and only appeared at two shows. His presence was a very pleasant surprise and it’s safe to say that he still has skills. I may even go as far as to say that if he practiced with the band for days in and days out, he might be able to join full time. The Cult opened with a fiery fervor. It’s also safe to say that Billy Duffy and Ian Asbury are back in full force. Ian’s voice sounded like it did in the 80’s after years of struggling with weight and vocal issues. Maybe the bill should have been ticketed as the ‘Return of the Great 80’s Frontmen Tour…They’re No Longer Fat’. The Cult have also released their strongest album in 15 years earlier this year. Once Guns N Roses hit the stage with ‘It’s So Easy’ it was clear, this band is back and it’s real. They surged through ‘Chinese Democracy’ and ‘Welcome to the Jungle’ before arriving at their first epic ‘Estranged’. The highlight for me was the extended version of ‘Rocket Queen’ with Slash’s talk box solo. Unlike, many of his peers, Slash has kept up and practiced. He’s cleaned his technique to the point of thrash level clarity and skill. He was always a little sloppy in the early years, a side effect of a medicinal liter of Jack Daniels a day. Now older and wiser, Slash plays with sobriety and discipline all while remaining ‘Slash’.

The surprise of the evening, besides Adler of course, was a brilliant performance of ‘Coma’. It was perfect and affirmed that Axl has his voice back in full. The show continued and finished in typical Guns N Roses fashion. They played the songs we all wanted to hear. Of course, I’m a deep cut kind of person, I didn’t go to the show to hear ‘Sweet Child O’ Mine’. However, when you’re in stadium with 50,000 people and every single person knows every single word and is signing together, it’s hard not to get a little emotional. At the end of the day that’s what this reunion is all about. It’s about coming together to celebrate this music on a mass level, something no other band is doing. Sure, there are a lot of rock veterans out touring. But how many of them are selling out stadiums and bringing organic, heavy music to nearly a million people in a few months? How many of these groups are getting people to think about this music again on this large of a scale? The answer is no one. That’s why this reunion is so important. It’s reminding people that you can accomplish great things organically with a little hard work. You don’t need a box with buttons that are pre-programmed. All you need is a real instrument and a little drive to learn music.
https://www.alexrox.com/concert-review-guns-n-roses-live-at-dodger-stadium/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 4:12 pm

Review (of both L.A. shows) in The Pearl Post, Aug. 25:
Guns N’ Roses rock Dodger Stadium

By Elsie Morales

Generations young and old gathered to enjoy one of rock’s most prominent bands of all time, Guns N’ Roses, on their Not in This Lifetime Tour.

They performed two nights in Los Angeles at Dodger Stadium on Aug. 18 and 19. The band is made up of singer Axl Rose, lead guitarist Slash, bass guitarist Duff McKagan, synthesizer Melissa Reese, guitarist Richard Fortus, pianist Dizzy Reed and drummer Frank Ferrer.

After more than 20 years, Slash performed with Guns N’ Roses once again earlier this year at the Troubadour. The semi-reunited band began the tour back in June with their then opening act, Alice in Chains but was replaced with The Cult during their Los Angeles show. Their original drummer, Steven Adler, also joined the rest of Guns N’ Roses on the second L.A. date to perform a few songs.

With people still trickling in, The Cult took center stage to warm up the crowd. However, once Guns N’ Roses got on stage, the stadium appeared to be filled to the brim with fans excited to hear the musicians play together.

Starting the show off with “It’s So Easy,” the stadium’s atmosphere started to change. It felt as if time was rewinding back to the 90s. The energy skyrocketed once they started playing “Welcome to the Jungle.”

Other classics such as Bob Dylan’s “Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door” and “Sweet Child O’ Mine” got the crowd on their feet and belting the lyrics out at the top of their lungs. “Yesterdays” was also played, which is a rare occurrence for the band.

Frontman Rose didn’t let the crowd down either, stomping, spinning and running across the stage, he brought out as much energy as he would’ve 20 years ago. He also performed some of his signature moves such as his snake dance, where he shimmies his hips side to side. Edging on his bandmates, the other musicians played with all they’ve got as well.

The pyrotechnics were also big in these shows. Ending their show with “Paradise City,” smoke filled the stadium as fire and fireworks was set off in time with the music; it was quite a spectacle.

With all of the members taking a final bow at the end of the encore, the more than 3 hour show had come to an end.
https://www.thepearlpost.com/13775/showcase/guns-n-roses-rock-dodger-stadium/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 4:32 pm

TMZ, August 20:
Guns N' Roses Invite Models To Dodger Stadium Show

Guns N' Roses
Models Still Dig Us Because We Asked Them To

EXCLUSIVE

Guns N' Roses knows what matters most when you're playing in L.A. ain't your instruments -- it's how attractive your audience is, and they made sure to stock their show with hordes of hot models.

TMZ has learned the GNR team fired off an email to Photogenics -- an L.A.-based modeling agency -- inviting every female model on their roster to Friday's show at Dodger Stadium.

We're told the 50 or so models who accepted got hooked up with free seats in the first couple rows, backstage passes and a spot on the guest list at the Roosevelt Hotel after-party.

There's only one rule: no boyfriends or non-models allowed. The invite strictly forbids +1s.

Translation: Leave your ugly friends at home.
https://www.tmz.com/2016/08/20/guns-n-roses-concert-models-invites/

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sat May 27, 2023 4:37 pm

Ultimate Guitar on the same subject (based on comments made on mygnrforum), Aug. 26:
Report: GN'R Are Paying Models to Attend Their Shows & They're a 'Disrespectful Nightmare'

Several sources on the web are claiming that Guns N' Roses are paying modeling agencies to bring their female models to the band's shows, including free tickets for all the ladies of course.

A variety of reports has surfaced via MyGNR, you can check them out below.

One fan from Phoenix noted: "My girlfriend's sister is a model here in Phoenix. As I was driving with my GF to the concert she texted us and said that she got backstage tickets to the GN'R show from her modeling agency.

"She then said she was too lazy to go the the show (she sucks). She said the tickets weren't transferable so she literally threw them out. Fast-forward to me arriving at the concert where I go to scan my pit tickets (hard copy tickets) only to find out they were fake and I got robbed.

"So moral of the story - fuck models who get free tickets and throw them out."

A second fan from Nashville added: "I noticed this in Nashville. Someone in GN'R has these fake young girls show up and stand in the pit. They take their photos as if they're fans and use it for social media. I saw it with my own eyes and I've been ignoring saying something about it on here because I didn't wanna piss on anyone's parade or be negative for the sake of being negative. But this is definitely true."

Another fan noted: "Models get 'free tickets' but the agency is paid by GN'R to select X amount of women, put them in a van and make them show up at the concert. It is part of their job. They cannot refuse, like you cannot refuse a task given by your boss at the office. Most probably they know only one song of this band and they would not pay one single penny from their pockets to see them on their own will."

A fan greatly displeased by the models' behavior added: "They were a nightmare! They blocked the view, kept putting their heads together to read texts, fluffing up their hair, applying lip gloss, turning round and looking at the paying fans with disgust, laughing at some who were really into the music.

"Not nice... and then they get to have every fans dream - go backstage and party.

"The annoying thing is if as a fan you manage to buy front-row tickets they cost an arm and a leg while these airheads get them for nothing, look bored and don't appreciate what they are seeing. It's beyond disrespectful to fans who wait years for a tour and then get bored Barbie dolls in front of them blocking the view."
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/general_music_news/report_gnr_are_paying_models_to_attend_their_shows__theyre_a_disrespectful_nightmare.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Wed May 31, 2023 4:06 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum