APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2016.08.05 - Reverb - Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses Talks Supro Black Magick and Supreme Amps

2 posters

Go down

2016.08.05 - Reverb - Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses Talks Supro Black Magick and Supreme Amps Empty 2016.08.05 - Reverb - Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses Talks Supro Black Magick and Supreme Amps

Post by Soulmonster Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:06 pm

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2016.08.05 - Reverb - Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses Talks Supro Black Magick and Supreme Amps Empty Re: 2016.08.05 - Reverb - Richard Fortus of Guns N' Roses Talks Supro Black Magick and Supreme Amps

Post by Blackstar Sun May 21, 2023 9:56 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-----------------------------------

Guns N' Roses guitarist Richard Fortus recently talked to Reverb.com about his love of Supro amps. Whether vintage or reissue, he's been able to find a spot in his rig for a whole host of Supro's amplifiers. [...]

Regarding his involvement with Guns N' Roses, Fortus said: "I came into Guns N' Roses because some of my friends were in the band. Josh Freese was playing drums, Tommy Stinson was playing bass… Robin Finck [was on guitar]… It was, like, 'Yeah, sign me up. Let's do this.' And it was great during that time to play with those guys and to make 'Chinese Democracy'. It was a fun experience, 'cause we were all such great friends. I also identify a lot with Izzy, personally and musically and what he does and where he came from. There's a lot of similarities. We, actually, when we were together, when we've played together, we have a lot of fun playing old Stones stuff, Aerosmith… We came up with the same type of stuff. So I think I approach it in a similar way that he did, where I tend to go for a lower-gain type of sound, maybe a bit more 'vintage-y' than Slash's high-gain sound. And I think that's sort of where he just naturally went as well. So I think there's similarities in that."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-guitarist-richard-fortus-i-identify-a-lot-with-izzy-stradlin
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down