APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil

2 posters

Go down

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil Empty 2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil

Post by Soulmonster Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:49 am

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1

March 13, 2010
Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil
Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Better
Richard Fortus guitar solo (James Bond Theme)
07. Live and Let Die
08. If the World
09. Rocket Queen
Dizzy Reed piano solo (Silver, Blue And Gold)
10. Street of Dreams
11. I.R.S.
DJ Ashba guitar solo (Ballad Of Death)
12. Sweet Child O' Mine
13. You Could Be Mine
Another Brick in the Wall Part 2 (Pink Floyd cover) (with Axl on piano)
Axl Rose piano solo (Goodbye Yellow Brick Road/Someone Saved My Life Tonight)
14. November Rain
Bumblefoot Guitar Solo (Pink Panther Theme)
15. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
16. Nightrain
17. Madagascar
18. Shackler's Revenge
Encore:
19. This I Love
20. Patience
21. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Estádio Palestra Itália.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Dj Ashba: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil Rightarrow Next concert:.
2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil Leftarrow Previous concert: .

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil NeWborder_zpsk3uwcgt1
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil Empty Re: 2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil

Post by Blackstar Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:13 am

Blabbermouth, March 14, 2010:
Guns N' Roses' São Paulo Concert Interrupted By Bottle-Throwing Incident

Singer Axl Rose stopped Guns N' Roses' concert last night (Saturday, March 13) at Estádio do Palmeiras in São Paulo, Brazil about two minutes into the show's opening number, "Chinese Democracy", after a member of the audience allegedly threw a bottle on stage. "Where's the little fuck over here?" Axl asked after he instructed his bandmates to stop playing. "C'mon, coward. You wanna fuck up the show for everybody? 'Cause I've got no problem — I will leave. We will all leave. You wanna play games? You can fuck yourself or we can have some fun. You guys wanna have fun? Then I don't need no little fucking pussies like we had the other night at that club. [Presumably referring to the incident Thursday night when an A-list crowd of Brazilian billionaires and supermodels rioted after waiting hours for Guns N' Roses to perform, and then learning Axl Rose and his band wouldn't play. — Ed.] You wanna fuck with me and my boys? We will leave."

Video footage of the incident is available below.

After that, Guns N' Roses resumed playing and the rest of the concert reportedly went off without a hitch.
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-s-o-paulo-concert-interrupted-by-bottle-throwing-incident/

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil Empty Re: 2010.03.13 - Estádio Palestra Itália, São Paulo, Brazil

Post by Blackstar Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:32 am

It's a lovely evening, don't you think? We have a saying around my house. See if you can help me with my saying. It goes like this: "Fuck you, Axl Rose!" So can you help me out? I'll say "Fuck You", and then you'll say "Axl Rose"...
Estádio do Palmeiras, São Paulo, Brazil, March 13, 2010

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:35 am

Two nights before this show, the band was supposed to play a small club VIP show in Sao Paulo. The New York Post, March 12, 2010:
Guns & Roses missing in action; A-list crowd riots
An A-list crowd of Brazilian billionaires and supermodels rioted at 3 a.m. yesterday after waiting hours for Guns N' Roses to perform, and then learning Axl Rose and his band wouldn't play. The exclusive concert in a Sao Paulo club was hosted by Ana Beatriz Barros and fellow lingerie models. "The audience got angry and started to mount the stage, and fight and destroy everything," our source said. "It was wild. There were fights everywhere, on the dance floor, in the bathrooms, outside the club. Crazy. I guess the free drinks didn't help."
https://web.archive.org/web/20101011162253/http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/missing_in_action_PfVMAowpOEdFg2wjcwz1LP

Axl would explain what that was about:

So a couple of nights ago we had some problems here. I know I'm probably giving him too much credit by talking about it, but i gotta get it off my chest, 'cause I'm fucking pissed off. See, we know this little scumbag up in New York. He talked about booking a show, a bunch of models and shit, that's his shtick. And I told him no, but he booked it anyway. I found out the night before the show and I was gonna go... But then I had a show, my throat was pretty fucked up from the show before. And I wanna apologize if I'm not hitting all my high fucking notes tonight. But as much we hate to disappoint anyone, had to look at priorities. It was either a couple of hundred people or all of you. And my so called friend thought I was being selfish by not doing his show, and I'm supposed to say "Fuck You!" to you. I didn't wanna say "Fuck You!" to you... So as why that didn't happen and why we're here tonight, it's because, we wanted to play this show.
Estádio do Palmeiras, São Paulo, Brazil, March 13, 2010

So I'm in the shower at the gig after r Sao Paulo show n' when I touch the faucet I get a jolt of electricity!! Wtf!! Time 2 get the fuck out da water!! Anyway! After a bunch of meds, about 2 1/2+ hrs of warmups, r show n' another hour of warmdowns we'll b headin' into Rio for r show there. This was hard comin' as all anyone bsides the band thinks about is the money. Who gives a fuck about the fans, how it sounds or if it fucks up the rest of the tour?! I don't perform for ANYONE in this industry n' no matter how nice, funny or what spin they put on things they're seemingly n' unfortunately all the same. We had a good show here in Sao Paulo n' a bunch of opportunists w/out my knowledge or consent did their best to make it about them b4 hand instead of the fans or there wouldn't have been shit in the Post but hey we got past 'em enough to do r gig. What's really crazy is these same types have the unmitigated gall to feel they're the ones who were taken advantage of!! Fuck the bourgeoisie!! Of course that's not to say there weren't plenty in attendance the other nite who like us got duped as well but the others well... It's not for them or their kind (or stalkers or press agents etc.) It's for u. Thank you Sao Paulo!! Peace, Axl-
Twitter, March 14, 2010
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down