APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Axl and Slash best friends forever again?

3 posters

Go down

Axl and Slash best friends forever again? Empty Axl and Slash best friends forever again?

Post by Soulmonster Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Check this interview with Slash out: http://tv.aftonbladet.se/abtv/articles/87561

Transcript:

Interviewer: I've heard that you made friends with Axl Rose again. How was that possible after all those years?

Slash: It was probably way over due, you know, but it's very cool at this point. Let some of that... dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Axl and Slash best friends forever again? Empty Re: Axl and Slash best friends forever again?

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:34 am

According to the Aftonbladet interviewer, he asked because of comments Slash made in a recent CBS interview (May 7, 2015). I just checked that out, and here is what was said:

CBS: You mentioned on CBS this morning that the tension among Guns N' Roses is gone.

Slash: Yeah, there is no animosity going on..

CBS: What happened there?

Slash: I think it is, you know, over time we all got sick and tired over this sort of black cloud that really, I think...the biggest thing that happened is that especially when you have a break up that is a little less than harmonious, you just build up a lot of bad imagery [or "energy"] because of the distance, because you don't communicate, you don't say anything [?], whatever the bad feelings were they just get exaggerated and it just reached the point where it was ridiculous.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Axl and Slash best friends forever again? Empty Re: Axl and Slash best friends forever again?

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 23, 2015 8:38 am

So what was said eralier on the day in CBS This Morning, then? Here some info:

Slash stopped by CBS This Morning yesterday (May 7) to discuss the video for "Beneath the Savage Sun," a track from his 2014 solo album World on Fire that's about elephant conservation. The conversation soon turned to the possibility of a Guns N' Roses reunion, with Slash and Axl Rose on the same stage.

Could it ever happen? Here's what Slash had to say:

"I gotta be careful what I say there. I mean, if everybody wanted to do it and do it for the right reasons, you know, I think the fans would love it. I think it might be fun at some point to try and do that, but…it just starts to get into a whole complex thing. But anyway, it's really between the guys in the band."

Slash Talks New Music: Billboard Interview

Slash admitted that he and Axl Rose hadn't spoken for "a long time," but that most of their old tensions had eased. "We don't have all those issues anymore," he said. "There's not a lot of controversy. It's something that's more perpetuated by the media than anything."

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:11 am

Well, "forever" is a strong word. I wouldn't have expected this right now and I think it's cool they finally talk again and the animosity seems to have disappeared!
But I'm sure they'll both have to be very careful what they say to or about each other. Like walking on thin ice etc.
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:00 am

I am not cnvinced they have actually talked yet. Slash said similar things back in May, but then added that he hadn't actually talked with Axl yet. It could be the same situation now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:59 pm

Soulmonster wrote:I am not cnvinced they have actually talked yet.

Well the interviewer says words along the lines of that he heard that they are "friends again". Trouble is that it's unclear what exactly he'd heard. To me "being friends again" would include that they talked or at least were in touch via email or whatever...

We'll probably have to wait for more Slash interviews, then he can explain what really happened (or tell us that we all misunderstood...).
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:07 pm

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to find out.

And in the meanwhile rumours are circulating about a full AFD reunion for the summer of 2016. I can't really imagien Axl reuniting with Steven, or just reuniting for a summer tour and then go back to "nuGN'R".
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:30 pm

A confirmation from Axl would be great. Now it still feels very surreal.
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7488

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:25 pm

Well, we can still start a "reunion rumour" thread, but the latest development is a report from German "Bild Zeitung" (not the most reliable newspaper...). The link is only for "plus users" (which I ain't), but the text is known thanks to german forums:
Basically it says lawyers have been working for some time on the return of Slash. Trouble is his divorce from Perla (which hasn't happened yet), so to avoid her receiving 50% from his earn, GN'R won't reform before late 2016. Or something along these lines...

http://www.bild.de/bild-plus/unterhaltung/musik/guns-n-roses/verhindert-eine-frau-die-reunion-42409948,var=b,view=conversionToLogin.bild.html

http://tinyurl.com/oqngmnb
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:43 pm

Interesting rumour. A lot of small fires now about a reunion, I still doubt it.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Fri Sep 04, 2015 3:21 pm

I really thought the Tommy quotes were quite interesting!
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7488

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:07 am

Johan wrote:I really thought the Tommy quotes were quite interesting!

Well, I guess you mean these (they're not in the original "Bild" link):
http://tinyurl.com/ojw4fmt

Guns N’ Roses bassist Tommy Stinson recently told the Star Tribune that the band ‘sort of left it’ in Las Vegas following last year’s critically acclaimed residency.

“I didn’t quit the gig or walk away from it. We just all sort of left it in [Las] Vegas.”

The 48-year-old musician added that he looks back fondly on his time with Guns N Roses frontman Axl Rose. “I’ll be honest with you: [Axl] was always very good to me, and it was always a really good gig,” he said. “It wasn’t necessarily the easiest gig, but it was always good. I have nothing but gratitude for it. If they got [the modern lineup] together again and wanted me to play, of course I’d have to think about it.”
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:25 am

It's never good when you look back at something fondly. That's past tense.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:34 am

Soulmonster wrote:It's never good when you look back at something fondly.

Well, he probably hasn't seen (or heard from) Axl since Las Vegas (April 2014!)...
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:17 pm

That's a good point.

I think, like with all things GN'R, speculating is a waste of time because Axl doesn't do things they was I would. He is a black box and tends to surprise me all the time. If anything, I should probably think what I would do and expect him to do the opposite.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down