APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE

3 posters

Go down

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE Empty Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 22, 2014 12:53 pm

From admin at mygnrforum:

Anyone going to these shows who's a massive fan of Bumble' - Enjoy and take it all in Smile

I believe he's handed in his notice (not for the first time though) and Axl's fed up with his "im off, IM BACK! im off IM BACK" routine. I have a feeling Axl will call his bluff at the end of Vegas regardless of another potential U-Turn. I'm also led to believe there's been a major issue behind the scenes during the recent SA Tour and there will be some changes in general. Don't think this should be taken as negative though, depending on your stance actually, far from it.

^^^ I would also add, that's NOT come from management but from a close source that's ALWAYS been correct and honest.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:54 am; edited 2 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE Empty Re: Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 22, 2014 12:55 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Bumblefoot is actually leaving. It might actually speed up the release of a new record since the band can't tour before replacing him (or re-arranging songs to fit two guitars), so in that regard it would be good.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE Empty Re: Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 22, 2014 9:52 pm

From Amir at mygnrforum:

Story from the last residency:

"Very interesting thing happened on heretodaygonetohell.com tonight. A fan from last night's show posted a photo of himself with Bumblefoot.

Within minutes, a bunch of posts were deleted. Here is what the original poster wrote:

Since I was GA for this show I wanted to make sure I was front row so I arrived 6 hours early to wait in line. By showing up so early I was able to stand outside of the doors to The Joint and listen to the soundcheck. Each member with the exception of Axl came out 1 by 1 after soundcheck and took a picture with me. Here in this picture is me and Bumblefoot who came out of soundcheck screaming fuck this and fuck that and about how he didn't sign up to be in a pop band and can't stand all this pop bullshit going on. I asked him to take this picture with me and his response was 'Sure, this will be the last picture of me in this fucking band!' <---- exact quote.."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu May 22, 2014 9:55 pm

So that story above was apparently from their last residency in 2012.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jun 06, 2014 11:34 am

Bumblefoot posted this on mygnrforum in regards to someone mentioning how hard it must be to work with Axl:

We [Axl and Bumblefoot] actually jammed last night until the wee hours, til my fingers were blue and both me & my tech were falling over, was a great time & wish we had done that more often - Axl's great to jam with Smile (And I'm sure I've been tougher to deal with in GNR than anyone, circumstances have not made it an easy ride for me personally & it hasn't made me the best version of myself most of the time...)
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:49 pm

axlrosefan4Life at mygnrforum: Ron shook my hand and said last show Sad
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jun 08, 2014 8:53 pm

And more from the same guy:

I know Ron well and been asking him over the course of a few days if the rumors were true. I asked him if he will still be in the band after June 7 and he said " wasn't planning on it but you never know " . Then when id him around I would say Ron don't leave . Then during the show he kneeled down and told me this is the last one. I asked are you leaving the band? He nodded and had a sad look.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:48 pm

And more:

When I say close to Ron it's not like we are best friends and text. We email a lot and I've had lunch with him a few times. Few years back he thought it was so cool what I did with the Kansas City stream. I've had the opportunity to hang out with him bout 8-10 times. In the past he has gotten me party passes for a lot of the shows I've been too and he brought me into sound check at last residency where I was playing around on stage takin photos of everything. It's on my Facebook. You don't have to believe what I say when it comes to information I've got from Ron. I'm sure there is a video of patience and paradise city where you will see him kneel down talk to me. But I'm sure Ron will make a statement soon.

I was able to talk to a member of the band ( not gonna say who ) for about 30 mins yesterday at noon about the status of the band. He told me this is the last your gonna see of guns n roses for a long time. I asked how long? He said could be years or longer who knows. He did say he has to look for more work. I spoke with someone who is close to other band members that pretty much said the same thing.

I then said what about the next album chinese 2 that Axl said he is going to be looking after at Vegas. He acted like he knew nothing about it. This member also said Gnr don't do things like other bands/businesses.

Later I spoke with Fernando about band going away for a while and he said band will be doing festivals and shit over next year. No major touring. One offs.

Current band has no clue what future holds apparently.

Another cool intel I got was when duff came to Vegas him and Axl were trying to get izzy at the show.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:07 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:00 am

Bit quiet to understand it all - did he say he's gonna be there at whatever happens next with GNR?
Uli
Uli

Plectra : 9553

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:24 pm

He gives the non-committal answer "We'll see".
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:06 am

Ok, that adds a bit to your "theory" about him re-negotiating his deal... Wink
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

Rumours going round now that Bumble really left. Apparently he changed his twitter account (etc) from "GN'R guitarist" to "GN'R Guitarist 2006-2014" (or something like this), which adds to the rumours of course...  Blanco
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:05 pm

...and many people have asked him with him ignoring the question. If he definitely was in the band then there's no reason why he couldn't just deny the rumours. Hence, something is up. He might be out of the band but leaving it to GN'R to announce it (perhaps at a time when a replacement can be announced) or he might be considering to leave the band and is currently in negotiations with the band about better terms (we know he has been unhappy about how GN'R has operated in the past).
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Uli Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:48 pm

Well, this article from Aug 12th, still sees him as GNR Guitarist...
http://classicrock.teamrock.com/news/2014-08-12/bumblefoot-regrets-blanking-solo-career
Uli
Uli

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:10 pm

Then again, he is saying "when I was in Guns N' Roses".

Bumblefoot is too smart to be unclear and not deliberately. He is obviously playing some games, either with us or the management.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Tue Aug 19, 2014 7:03 pm

This quote from his latest interview:

RIght now I’m turning away almost all touring plans, I must focus on finishing the new album, that’s my priority right now. Once that’s finished, I’ll hit every part of the world I can.

Suggests to me that his main priority now is his solo career. Which sort of fits well with a recent interview where he stated that he is now putting his own solo career first. If GN'R really intends to tour again later this year this could mean a serious conflict of interests with Bumblefoot, if my theory is correct and he is true to his decision, opts out. Unless GN'R is more accommodating to him...perhaps.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:58 pm

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE PicsArt_1424158970562

Bumblefoot leaving after Vegas Residency? - TRUE PicsArt_1424158929019
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:38 am

This is apparently the comment that made BBF say the things above:

"Aaron Desveaux: Pretty dog act that you're milking the GNR name & association when you aren't even in the fucking band anymore."
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:44 am

A moderator on mygnrforum was asked to post this message from Bumblefoot:

Let folks know I'm not being forced and TB doesn't need to be treated like monsters, and I ask that they not be treated like villains.  It's on me, I've been trying to please both sides at the same time that have a different approach to things, and everyone loses a little in the process - that's on *me*, not them.  I hate causing TB & the fans grief, there's just no smooth way to act on two opposing philosophies at the same time, and that's always been difficult for me...  apologies.  Doing my best here.  Razz
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Johan Wed Mar 11, 2015 3:10 pm

So, this means what? He's out but can't talk about it?

Axl wants another Finck situation or what?
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7488

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down