APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan

2 posters

Go down

2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan Empty 2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:12 am

July 14, 2007 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
Robin's guitar solo
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
07. You Could Be Mine
Dizzy's piano solo (Angie)
08. Street of Dreams
Richard's guitar solo
Richard & Robin guitar duet (Beautiful, Endless Rain)
09. Better
10. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
13. My Michelle
14. Patience
15. Nightrain
Encore 1:
16. Madagascar
17. Paradise City
Encore 2:
Bumblefoot's guitar solo
18. Don't Cry

Date:

Venue:
Makuhari Messe.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.

Notes:
The first show on the Japan leg of the 2007 World Tour. An unusual show that didn't end with Paradise City, but featured a second encore where Bumblefoot started on his solo but as he was playing Don't Cry, which had been part of his solo for a long time now, Axl joined him and began to sing. Frank later joined on drums. This was the first time Don't Cry had been sung since 1993.
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76791

Back to top Go down

2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan Empty Re: 2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:37 pm

The shows in Japan were originally due to take place in April. GunsNRoses.com, March 21, 2007:
GN'R 2007 WORLD TOUR STARTS IN JAPAN

The first leg of Guns N' Roses’ 2007 World Tour has been officially announced. The confirmed concerts are:

April 14: Makuhari Messe, Tokyo, Japan

April 15: Makuhari Messe, Tokyo, Japan

April 18: Rainbow Hall, Nagoya, Japan

April 19: Intex Osaka, Osaka, Japan

April 22: Intex Osaka, Osaka, Japan

April 27: New Market Racecourse, Johannesburg, South Africa

May 1: Kenilworth Racecourse, Cape Town, South Africa
https://web.archive.org/web/20070327052629/http://web.gunsnroses.com:80/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070321&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88615

Back to top Go down

2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan Empty Re: 2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:41 pm

On April 11 it was announced that the shows were postponed. GunsNRoses.com:
April 11, 2007

GN'R POSTPONES START OF TOUR, STINSON INJURED

Guns N' Roses have announced that they are postponing the start of their world tour, which was due to start in Japan.

The Japanese concerts are being rescheduled. Guns N' Roses will be able to make their two scheduled performances headlining the MyCoke festivals in South Africa at the end of the month.

"I feel so bad right now," explains bassist Tommy Stinson. "I accidentally fell down a flight of stairs. I put my hand down to break my fall and heard a loud 'pop.' The next morning my hand looked like a balloon. I went to see my doctor, and while the good news is that it's not broken, the bad is news is it's severely sprained and I may have done some ligament damage. We had our last rehearsal a few days ago and shipped the gear to Japan and then this happened. I feel horrible.

"I'd like to apologize to our Japanese fans that were looking forward to seeing us and know that we will we see you all soon. Again, we'd like to sincerely thank our fans worldwide for their patience and support."
https://web.archive.org/web/20070429120622/http://web.gunsnroses.com:80/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070411&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:45 pm

The opening act was a Japanese band called MUCC. Blabbermouth, July 4, 2007:
Guns N' Roses To Receive Support From MUCC In Japan

Japanese promoter Creativeman has announced that the opening act for all five of Guns N' Roses' upcoming Japanese dates will be a local band called MUCC.

MUCC (sometimes referred to as 69, which is pronounced "muku" in Japanese) is a Japanese rock band formed in 1997. Supposedly named after a character from the Japanese children's program "Ponkickies", the band has, as of 2007, released seven studio albums, along with several live albums, EPs, singles and DVDs, some of which were also released in Europe.

GUNS N' ROSES / MUCC tour dates:

July 14 - Chiba, Japan - Makuhari Messe
July 15 - Chiba, Japan - Makuhari Messe
July 17 - Nagoya, Japan - Nippon Gaishi Hall
July 18 - Tokyo, Japan - Nippon Budokan
July 21 - Osaka, Japan - Intex Osaka
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 pm

Recap of the show at the official site, GunsNRoses.com, July 14, 2007:
GUNS N' ROSES (AND A TYPHOON) HIT JAPAN

By Doug Miller/GunsNRoses.com

Over 17,000 fans braved a typhoon and packed into the Makuhari Messe Hall in Chiba City to witness the first concert by Guns N' Roses in Japan in five years.

From the opening strains of "Welcome to the Jungle" until the last explosion of the final encore, "Paradise City," GN'R had the sold-out crowd screaming for more. So Axl gave them what they wanted. After the sweat-drenched band had taken its final bow and was walking to the dressing room, Axl called a spontaneous audible. Axl and guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal went back to the stage and did a rare duet of "Don't Cry." Despite the nasty weather, the two-hour set was a smashing success.

Japanese fans of the band have been waiting with patience and anticipation for Guns N' Roses to return to Japan for the concert dates that had been postponed earlier this year because of an injury suffered by bassist Tommy Stinson.

There is another concert scheduled for the Makuhari Messe on Sunday night. The tour then moves to Nagoya on Tuesday, July 17, for a show at Nippon Gaishi Hall, Wednesday at Budokan Hall in Toyko, and the final show is set for Saturday, July 21, at the Osaka-Jo Hall in Osaka.

2007.07.14 - Makuhari Messe, Chiba, Japan 07140710
GN'R take Japan by storm (photo: Vicki Craddock)
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down