APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.03.15 - Confront Magazine - Interview with DJ

Go down

2013.03.15 - Confront Magazine - Interview with DJ Empty 2013.03.15 - Confront Magazine - Interview with DJ

Post by Soulmonster Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:22 am

DJ Ashba is a modern day renaissance man. He does a little bit of everything, and does it all well. DJ recently took time out of his busy schedule to speak with CONFRONT magazine about what’s he’s up to, including everything from clothing and motorcycle design, touring and creating music with two great bands and helping spread awareness about bullying.

CONFRONT: Since this is the first time CONFRONT magazine is speaking with you, could you just give readers a brief history of how you started in the music industry?

DJ: I started playing piano when I was three years old. At age nine, I picked up the guitar and have been playing ever since. Around age 20, I moved to Los Angeles and started a band called Beautiful Creatures, which was signed to Warner Brothers. We toured and I also wrote and produced songs for other artists, as well. That’s how it all started and the rest is history.

CONFRONT: Now you’re immersed in several bands; What projects are you currently working on?

DJ: I’m currently heading overseas on tour with Guns N’ Roses and also working on writing the next Sixx: A.M. album. Many of my projects lie outside of music, as well. I own ASHBA Media Inc., which is a creative agency with many tentacles. Within ASHBA Media, I launched my clothing line, ASHBA Swag, in 2008 with my stylist of 15 years, Cody Varona, which brings rock clothing from the stage to the streets. I also teamed up with Ryan Friedlinghaus, CEO of West Coast Customs, to create the Limited Edition ASHBA Challenger, which will be out later this year. I personally designed it from head to toe and West Coast Customs took my vision and brought it to life. ASHBA Media is also currently working on several projects with Cirque du Soleil here in Las Vegas. It’s been a lot of fun.

CONFRONT: If you could pick one musician or band that you would love to work with, who would it be and why?

DJ: Elvis Presley. He is and always will be my number one inspiration.

CONFRONT: What do you consider your greatest achievement as a musician?

DJ: I believe you are only as good as your last song and last achievement. I’m always looking ahead and challenging myself to be better.

CONFRONT: What’s the most important thing you’ve learned about the music industry?

DJ: I’ve learned that you need to know the business just as well, if not better, than you know your own instrument.

CONFRONT: Of all the places that you’ve been to while on tour, what has been your favorite location to visit?

DJ: I can’t decide on a favorite. There are too many beautiful places in this world to pick just one.

CONFRONT: You have a wide variety of tattoos – is there one in particular that is a favorite of yours?

DJ: Trailer Trash, on my hands, because it reminds me of where I’m from. I lived in a trailer after being kicked out of my small home town for playing rock music.

CONFRONT: We have a selection on our website that features song suggestions from musicians. What three songs/artists or albums are currently on repeat on your playlist?

DJ: Elvis, Danny Elfman, John Williams.

CONFRONT: What led you to want to work with Bullyville.com?

DJ: I’ve been bullied more times than I can count throughout life, and it’s very important to me to help in any way I can. Even if I only touch one person, it’s worth it.

CONFRONT: What kind of work are you doing with this organization?

DJ: I’ve been a spokesperson for Bullyville.com since it was launched and we are currently working to set up a Brains Over Bullies Campaign Tour this fall. Myself and a few other celebrities will be traveling to local middle schools and high schools to talk about not only our experiences, but let them know what to do when being bullied, and give them solutions and people to talk to. We have the Las Vegas Metro Police getting involved as well as psychologists, mentors, media, etc. We are really looking forward to this campaign.

CONFRONT: What advice would you give to kids (or adults) who are bullied?

DJ: Don’t be afraid to tell someone. No one deserves to be bullied and you are worth it. We are here for you.

Source: http://www.confrontmagazine.com/2013/03/dj-ashba/
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down