APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2013.01.DD - Groovey.TV - Interview with Tommy at NAMM

Go down

2013.01.DD - Groovey.TV - Interview with Tommy at NAMM Empty 2013.01.DD - Groovey.TV - Interview with Tommy at NAMM

Post by Soulmonster Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:16 am

Transcript:

Tommy: [talking about a bass guitar]

Camera man: It's friggin badass.

Tommy: I got that guitar, too, it's awesome, that guitar is ripping.

Interviewer: Really?

Tommy: Yeah.

I: So quick introduction, this is Groovey with  Tommy Stinson here at the ESP booth at NAMM 2013. How are you, sir?

Tommy: Awesome, I'm awesome, now that you here I'm good.

I: I'm stoked to be here, too. Oh, you can drink, swear, whatever you want.

Tommy: Oh cool. Sorry Christine, there's my beer [takes a swig]. Oh, you can't Photoshop out Heineken, come on! You're gonna make it like the goofy beer.

I: Like Breckenridge brewery.

Tommy: Yeah, yeah.

I: Awesome, so we're at NAMM, tell me about your basses, what have you got on the wall here?

Tommy: This is the signature model, it's kind of got an old feel to it. And the neck is has no varnish on it, kind of a wood feel, or it has some but not a lot.

I: Okay.

Tommy: It's kind of beat-up-looking and it has active pickups which I've been playing since the 50s.

I: Nice.

Tommy: And EMGs and that's a damn fine bass [?] and they play great, it sounds great.

I: That's badass. Are you using certain basis for recordings and for performance kind of do?

Tommy: This is pretty much my go-to bass right there, I mean, I've got a bunch of different things but like that's what I play live with Guns N' Roses and, you know, whoever else I play with. That's the main thing, yeah.

I: It's bad-ass. Now what else are you doing at NAMM this year?

Tommy: I'm wandering around with my uncle Chip, looking for a good lap steel.

I: Oh.

Tommy: Yes, and he had a good idea that, like, I think only him and Ron Wood are playing them these days. Should be like a like a chip [?] wooden ESP series kind of thing, that would be kind of cool.

I: It was really cool.

Tommy: Yeah. It's a work in progress. It'd be right there above or below, I mean, it's just a little bit of room right down there next to Poncho [?] just a little bit, you know, I'm sure he wouldn't mind [pointing to a guy on a poster], we just cover his... it covers his penis pretty much but-

I: Well, it's always good to cover-

Tommy: What's he doing with his base down there by the way? Poncho, man! What the hell, where did she... what is going on here?

I: What the heck is he doing?

Tommy: Okay, that's kind of dark, anyway. My bad.

I: So you said you got a gig Sunday night [?], what else you got planned up here?

Tommy: I got a gig with four other bass players in Hudson, New York, on Sunday. It's a show for Habitat for Humanity it's a... Melissa Optima, Meshell Ndegeocello, myself and Melora from.... excuse me, from... I'm blanking, shit, my bad. It's been a long day. But it's a great cause and we'll play a show together and I'll be playing one of those in white.

I: Very cool. Tour stuff coming up that's not top secret?

Tommy: Sure.

I: That you can talk about?

Tommy: Sure. Yes, yes, I think Guns is going to Australia in March, I think, and I'll be playing one of those [pointing to guitar].

I: Very cool.

Tommy: I'll be bringing several of those. I'll be like, I think I have ten of those actually, my fault, but they're all tuned in different keys and with different colors to match different suits, you know, there you go.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down