APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden

2 posters

Go down

2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden Empty 2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Soulmonster Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:37 pm

Date:
June 26, 2006.

Venue:
Globen.

Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
05. Better
06. Sweet Child O'Mine
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Street of Dreams
09. You Could Be Mine
10. Out Ta Get Me
11. November Rain
12. My Michelle
13. Madagascar
14. Nightrain
15. Chinese Democracy
16. I.R.S.
17. Patience
18. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Robin Finck (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (drums).

2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden Rightarrow Next concert: 2006.06.28.
2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden Leftarrow Previous concert: 2006.06.24.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden Empty Re: 2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Blackstar Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden Empty Re: 2006.06.26 - Globen, Stockholm, Sweden

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:52 pm

I translated this review:

...but Guns N' Roses is just an okay joke.

This isn't Guns N' Roses. This is something else entirely. But if you close your eyes it sounds good, occasionally.

On Axl's right side there's no wild hair with a top hat. We will never hear Duff McKagan's errors in the intro to "Sweet Child O'Mine" . No Gilby or Izzy tries to look as if someone has put Johnny Thunders in formaldehyde. Those who can accept that all this has been replaced by, as an example, a guitarist calling himself Bumblefoot, has probably no big problems with this concert.

Must accept it
One has to accept that the current version of Guns N' Roses is a Rolling Stones with... uhm.... Mick Jagger... and... let's see... no other original members... at all. Then it is all good. The bombs and pyro are so large they burn the skin. Axl Rose seem sharp and focused and his voice holds throughout the show. And at times the nostalgia sounds really good - despite the three guitarists in the 7-man lineup playing at least four solos too many. The start with "Welcome to the Jungle" and "It's So Easy" and "Live and Let Die" is surprisingly strong and groovy.

Nu-metal
But personally I have a problem with Axl Roses diluting the original band's apocalyptic sleaze with nu-metal. In my world Guns N' Roses was so much more than competent concerts and Axl's ego. And there's hardly any riddle why the album "Chinese Democracy" is now 137 tears delayed. The new songs are quite simply not good enough. Guns N' Roses split up at the start of the 90s. That's it. The band has since been reduced to a cover band with big resoruces. Once upon a time Axl Rose was bigger than religious freedom. Today he in an acceptable joke.

Place: Globen, Stockholm. Audience: 13 500 (full capacity). Length: Two and a half hours.. Best: "Welcome to the Jungle". Worst: "IRS". Question: How many times did Axl change his clothes? 43?

Here are the songs:
1. Welcome to the jungle
2. It"s so easy
3. Mr. Brownstone
4. Live and let die
5. Better
6. Sweet child O" mine
7. Knockin" on heaven"s door
8. The blues
9. You could be mine
10. Out ta get me
11. November rain
12. My Michelle
13. Madagascar
14. Nightrain

Extras
15. Chinese democracy
16. IRS
17. Patience
18. Paradise city
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down