APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland

2 posters

Go down

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Empty 1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland

Post by Soulmonster Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:33 pm

Date:
June 16, 1993.

Venue:
Fussballstadion St. Jakob.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Live and Let Die
04. Welcome to the Jungle
05. So Fine
06. Double Talkin' Jive
07. Dead Flowers
08. You Ain't the First
09. You're Crazy
10. Used to Love Her
11. Patience
12. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
13. November Rain
14. Dead Horse
15. You Could Be Mine
16. Sweet Child O'Mine
17. Don't Cry
18. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Gilby Clarke (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Rightarrow Next concert: 1993.06.18.
1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Leftarrow Previous concert: 1993.06.12.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Empty Re: 1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:10 am

Craig Duswalt wrote:In June 1993, Blind Melon and The Quireboys opened for Guns N’ Roses at St. Jakob Stadium in Basel, Switzerland. Shannon decided to stick around after his set to watch Guns N’ Roses play that night. Halfway through the Guns N’ Roses set, Shannon walked to where I stood on the side of the stage, enjoying the show with a few other members of the entourage. He was wearing a Viking helmet and carrying a large pizza box. If you knew Shannon, this wasn’t out of character, so we thought nothing of it.

However, without warning or notice, Shannon put the pizza box on a road case and began to take off his clothing. All of his clothing.

He was now completely naked.

“Shannon?” I said, trying to question what he was about to do.

He just smiled at all of us, calmly grabbed the box of pizza, and headed out onto the stage in front of 80,000 screaming fans. It was awesome. We knew he would be arrested, but it was still awesome. In fact, it was so Shannon Hoon.

He walked directly over to Axl, who was is in the middle of a song during the acoustic part of the show, and shook Axl’s hand. The band continued to play, even though they were all laughing hysterically.

Without a beat, Shannon walked over to the congas and joined in on the song (without the Domino’s Pizza shirt).

He played the rest of the song completely naked.

When the song finished, the crowd went nuts. Axl just shook his head, probably thinking to himself that the press would have a field day with this one. Shannon got up, waved to the crowd, took a well-deserved bow, and calmly walked off the stage with both wrists placed in front of him, straight into the handcuffs of two awaiting police officers.

It was the easiest arrest I had ever witnessed. We all figured Shannon had done this before.

One of the police officers grabbed Shannon’s clothes, and they took him straight into their police car, to the local station, without incident. I assume he was booked on either poor playing of the congas, or indecent exposure, one of the two. I also assume he got out of jail either that night or the next day, but I never found out because we were on to the next city, and we had a lot of work to do.

We all knew that Shannon was going to be okay.

How wrong we were.

Two years later, Shannon was found dead on his tour bus from a heart attack due to a drug overdose, just three months after his baby girl was born. He was only twenty-eight. Very sad.
Source: Craig Duswalt, Welcome To My Jungle, BenBella Books, May 2014.

Craig Duswalt was Axl's personal assistant at the time.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Empty Re: 1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland

Post by Blackstar Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:32 am

A blurry picture (probably a screenshot from a video) of Shannon Hoon serving pizza onstage, naked:

1993.06.16 - Fussballstadion St. Jakob, Basel, Switzerland Shanno10
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 90377

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down