APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA

Go down

1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA Empty 1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA

Post by Soulmonster Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:00 am

Date:
August 29, 1992.

Venue:
Louisiana Superdome.

Setlist:
01. Out Ta Get Me
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Live and Let Die
04. Attitude
05. Nightrain
06. It's So Easy
07. Welcome to the Jungle
08. Double Talkin' Jive
09. Civil War
10. Bad Obsession
11. Patience
12. You Could Be Mine
13. November Rain
14. Sweet Child O'Mine
15. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
16. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Gilby Clarke (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

Quotes from band members:

O.K.? How much did you pay for this show? I'll tell you what I'll do I'll pay you back because this just isn't going to work. It's hard to be up here giving like this with all you people sitting there taking a f---ing nap. Yeah,yeah, I know, there he goes begging for attention again. My therapist always says, 'You crave attention.' And I go, 'No shit' [Live onstage as recounted in Life Magazine, December 1992].

1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1992.09.02.
1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1992.08.27.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA Empty Re: 1992.08.29 - Louisiana Superdome, New Orleans, USA

Post by Soulmonster Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:24 am

Stephen Thaxton, the band's chiropractor, would tell a story from the time the band played in New Orleans:

I do remember one really difficult situation we ended up in. Axl was dating Stephanie Seymour at the time, and her and her other model friend had rented a house for like a month. So each was staying there for two weeks with whoever they wanted to stay with. So Stephanie invited her mother. So it was out on Montauk. And so she invited her mother and wanted Axl and I to come up. So we couldn't, with shows going, we couldn't get up there till like Sunday night. So I think we had a show in, we had a show in New Orleans at the... whatever dome that is, forgive me for not remembering. [...] Superdome was it back then. It would have been Superdome. Okay. So I had a show at the Superdome on Saturday night. And then Sunday we're going to fly commercial up to New York and go out and spend a couple of days out of Montauk with Stephanie and her mother. And so I'm used to having Earl, Axl's bodyguard around, and personal assistant. So they kind of take care of everything and I just kind of tag along and it's all good. Well, for whatever reason, he just wanted me to come along on this one, which was fine. And so we get to the airport and get the luggage out. Everything's going smooth, going through the airport, and we stop in a - he wants to go into like a magazine store, bookstore, whatever. So we go in and within 30 seconds of getting in there, fans start spotting him and full on chaos breaks out. Well, he's cornered, there's nothing he can do and he's frustrated beyond description. He literally just sits down in the middle of this bookstore and I'm trying to keep fans off of him. It's pure chaos. I finally, I think, begged, pleaded enough with the fans to make space for us to exit the thing. It's straight to the gate, and it put us right on the plane, God bless them. But oh my gosh, that was one difficult ordeal.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down