APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA

2 posters

Go down

1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA Empty 1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sat May 19, 2012 8:48 pm

Date:
June 5, 1991.

Venue:
Richfield Coliseum.

Setlist:
01. Nightrain
02. Mr. Brownstone
03. Bad Obsession
04. Welcome To The Jungle
05. Double Talkin' Jive
06. Dust N' Bones
07. Don't Cry
08. Civil War
09. Patience
[Godfather Theme]
10. Rocket Queen
11. Pretty Tied Up
12. November Rain
13. 14 Years
14. You Could Be Mine
15. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
16. Live And Let Die
17. Estranged
18. Sweet Child O' Mine
19. Paradise City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass), Dizzy Reed (keyboards) and Matt Sorum (drums).

1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1991.06.07.
1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1991.06.04.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76738

Back to top Go down

1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA Empty Re: 1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA

Post by Blackstar Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:15 pm

I’ve been trying to be, like, a pretty good boy so I could make sure (?). And then I find myself on an airplane smoking opium with Sebastian… and I remember that I worked this hard so that I wouldn’t have to work so hard. It’s something – I don’t know, I’m not trying to bullshit or kiss your ass, but last night was a blast and I feel better (?). And here I was thinking that having some wine and get laid was gonna fuck me up.

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87962

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA Empty Re: 1991.06.05 - Richfield Coliseum, Richfield, USA

Post by Blackstar Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:17 pm

Sebastian Bach recounts how smoking opium with Axl came about (although he's mistaken about the date):

On the Guns N’ Roses tour, they had the MGM Grand plane as a mode of transportation. I had asked Axl many times, “Hey dude, can I come on the plane? Can I come on the plane? Seriously, can I come on the plane?!?!” “No, no, no, no, and no,” I would always get told. “I really want to get on the fucking plane with you guys!” “No.”

One day, after a gig, I went out to the fence where all the fans are standing. Looking for some weed. I asked a hundred or so people, “Any of you guys got any weed?” This was in Toledo, Ohio. I remember distinctly. A couple days after the St. Louis riot. Nobody had any weed that day in Toledo. Then, some guy said, “Hey, I don’t have any weed, but I got this.” I go, “What’s that?” “It’s opium.” I had never seen opium in my life, and I have not seen it since that day. I said, “What the fuck is opium?” I didn’t know what it looked like, or what you even did with it. Smoke it? Shoot it? Snort it? I didn’t know. But since there was no weed, I was willing to find out. […] Inside was a round ball of dark goo-like substance that he told me was pure opium. I said, “Sure, I’ll take that, dude,” and gave him a couple backstage passes. […]

Saw Axl that night backstage. “Hey dude, can I come on the plane, man?? Seriously! I think we would have fun.” “No, Baz, you still can’t come on the plane.” “Come on, Axl, please let me come on the plane, dude, for reals.” “No, I really don’t think it’s a good idea, Baz. Sorry, maybe tomorrow.” “You know what?” “What?” “I just got this big fucking huge ball of opium.” “Hey Baz.” “What?” “Get on the fuckin’ plane.”
Sebastian Bach, 18 and Life on Skid Row; Harper Collins, 2016
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87962

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down