APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid

2 posters

Go down

2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid Empty 2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:25 am

My years of growing up in a loving household, filled will hopes and dreams, were shattered to pieces from the day I was born. All I can remember is being petrified as a child, not only for my own safety, but for my mother's as well. Every moment of every day would depend on my Dad's mood. Most of my time was spent hiding in the back of my closet, going into convulsions as if I were somehow dancing to the destructive sound of violence coming from the next room.

Instead of a hug and a kiss, my morning wake up call consisted of my dad's fist coming through my closet door, similar to Jack Nicholson in the Shining. The crazy part about all of this is I spent my youth years constantly trying to gain his respect. I even went as far as putting him on a pedestal, making him out to be some kind of hero in my undeveloped mind, just to have him beat me down time after time. I can't begin to tell you the countless days of walking home from school, scared to death to walk through the front door. The fear was so overwhelming that I would literally pee my pants.

The real hero was my mother, I can not tell you what an amazing human being she is. Looking back now and realizing how she risked her own safety for my well-being. She was the real war hero, fearlessly putting herself in the line of fire, "diving onto the grenade" so to speak. My dad would use me as leverage against her simply because he knew I was her world. To him, I was his worst mistake. Having my dad doing everything in his power to get me out of the house, even pulling on one arm and my mom trying to stop him by pulling on the other, is a far cry from a fun ride at Disneyland. My entire life since, I have lived with being mentally and physically abused. I have lived with abandonment issues. I have spent my whole life never shedding a tear due to me accidentally falling down the steps one Christmas morning. When I was about 3 years old, I tumbled down the stairs into the the room where my dad sat in front of the fireplace and started to cry.

Stockings hung from the mantel and lights shown bright through the greenery. My dad stood up from the couch and sternly commanded that men don't cry. He said, "You wanna be a little cry baby, I'll give you something to cry about." as he beat me. Then, I would have to go to school and try to hide the perfect hand shaped welts on my body. After all of that, I would still sit up waiting by the window like a beaten puppy, waiting for him to come home every night. That is, until the night he never came home again. I became the head of the household, way to young for anyone in life. I grew up in the middle of nowhere a tiny little town called Fairbury without a TV in my house so, I am living proof that anyone can over come anything in life and still reach your dreams. Somehow I was able to bottle all of my anger and use it for my motivation. Motivation to do what ever I had to do to turn out nothing like my dad. Do I hate him for what he did to us? No, I have forgiven him, but I will always live through his mistakes and continue to become a better person.

Source: http://www.bullyville.com/?page=story&id=4411&sid=4575

Last edited by Soulmonster on Sun Jan 30, 2022 3:04 pm; edited 3 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid Empty Re: 2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid

Post by Soulmonster Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:24 pm

Dj:

Dj Ashba and Ceo/ founder of Bullyville.com James McGibney. "Hey guys, thank you so much for all the love n' support. I am very proud to team up with Bullyville and do whatever I can to help bring awareness to kids, men and women of all ages who are being bullied all over the world. YOU are NOT alone and together we WILL fight back. Please check out http://www.BullyVille.com/ and follow @Bullyville Thank you so much, your support means the world." Much Love ~DJA
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76206

Back to top Go down

2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid Empty Re: 2012.04.17 - BullyVille.com - DJ talks about his abuse as a kid

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:36 pm

The date is April 17, 2012.
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:39 pm

Press release from BullyVille, April 17, 2012:
-------------------------------------------------------

BullyVille.com Partners With Guns N' Roses Lead Guitarist Dj Ashba to Put an End to Bullying!

AS VEGAS, April 17, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BullyVille Inc., http://www.BullyVille.com, the Internet's first anti-bullying social website and media platform is excited to announce their partnership with one of the world's greatest musicians, Dj Ashba! Ashba, the lead guitarist for Guns N' Roses and Sixx:A.M., who has also worked with other influential artists such as: Motley Crue, Drowning Pool, Marion Raven, Aimee Allen and Neil Diamond, recently used BullyVille.com himself to reveal his struggles coping with being bullied as a child by his own father.

In a statement to the press upon signing his partnership deal in Las Vegas, Ashba, who was raised in rural Fairbury, Illinois, said, "I've had my fair share of struggles growing up in a small town trying to make it as a musician, but I want other kids and teenagers to know that they are not alone and that anyone can do, and more importantly, be anything they want... I'm living proof!"

BullyVille founder James McGibney said, "I know for an unequivocal fact that with Dj Ashba's voice and passion, he will help spread the important message of anti-bullying and make it a more prevalent issue within communities around the world. BullyVille is the first anti-bullying website bringing individuals and celebrities together online to share their bullying stories and offer support."

ABOUT BULLYVILLE

BullyVille Inc. http://www.bullyville.com, has only one purpose: to help you get past your past. Our team of professionals and celebrities can help you recover from the negativity that has been inflicted upon you, even if you've buried it. We can provide the tools to help you heal, and give you the confidence to leave your anger behind. And it doesn't cost a penny. Haven't you already paid enough? If you came to BullyVille because you're being bullied, you've come to the right place.

For starters, you are not alone; almost every person on this planet has been bullied at one time or another. Whether the damage has been physical or emotional, it has probably left you with indelible scars that need healing. This is the first website of its kind, where people like you can turn these experiences around, learn from each other and heed advice from the experts who can give you the help you need to put the pieces of your life back together. Check out the "bullied celebrities" section of our website, and see how those making headlines have used their horrific experiences to put out the fires burning inside them. Let their inspirational stories of help and healing motivate you to move your own life forward. Your story might even be able to help someone else going through it.

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/bullyvillecom-partners-with-guns-n-roses-lead-guitarist-dj-ashba-to-put-an-end-to-bullying-147799385.html
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85486

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down