APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA

2 posters

Go down

1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA Empty 1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA

Post by Soulmonster Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Date:
April 30, 1988.

Venue:
Danville Civic Center.

Setlist:
01. It's So Easy
02. Move to the City
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Out Ta Get Me
05. My Michelle
06. Rocket Queen
07. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
08. Welcome to the Jungle
09. Sweet Child O'Mine
10. Nightrain
11. You're Crazy
12. Paradise City
13. Patience

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1988.05.01.
1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1988.04.29.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA Empty Re: 1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA

Post by Blackstar Mon Apr 29, 2019 4:39 am

Preview in Journal and Courier, April 30, 1988 (I have also added it in the interviews section):

1988.04.30 - Danville Civic Center, Danville, USA 1988_015

Hard rocking Guns N' Roses shoots from hip

2 members of band from Lafayette

By STEVE VOYAK
Gannett News Service

Danville, Ill. - If you’re looking for gimmicks, makeup, Spandex pants or elaborate stage sets, don’t waste your time at a Guns N’ Roses concert.

But if you prefer straight-forward, hard-driving rock ’n’ roll, don’t miss this group, which includes two members from Lafayette — W. Axl Rose and Izzy Stadlin.

Guns N’ Roses, which has the No. 9 album on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, headlines the first rock and roll concert in Danville in almost two years tonight at the David S. Palmer Civic Center.

The show starts at 8 p.m. with two warmup acts, UDO and Zodiac Mindwarp and the Love Reaction.

Tickets are $12.50, and all seating is general admission.

“It’s amazing playing these small towns,’’ lead guitarist Slash says. “There’s not a whole lot to do. It’s like these people are starved for this type of thing.

“And the people are so friendly. We left our door (at our hotel in Burlington, Iowa) cracked and people just kept walking into the room unannounced. I didn’t know what they were doing, but I am getting used to it.”

Guns N’ Roses opened a 10-city tour of the Midwest Tuesday backing its debut album, Appetite for Destruction, which already has gone platinum (1 million copies sold) for the Geffen label.

“It’s the first debut album to go Top 10 without a single since Led Zeppelin,” said Slash, who along with drummer Steven Adler is from the Los Angeles area.

The band credits its success to simplicity, relying almost solely on its music and energy.

“We are a bona fide street band,” Slash said. “We have been fighting the industry from the beginning. We aren’t afraid to say what we think, and we don’t let other people tell us what to do. We are blatantly sincere.

“I think the kids relate well to us because we are so honest. We mirror our roots. We realize everybody has a struggle, and I think people admire that.”
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down