APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA

Go down

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Empty 1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 04, 2011 10:09 am

Date:
October 30, 1987.

Venue:
CBGB's.

Setlist:
01. You're Crazy
02. One in a Million
03. Used to Love Her
04. Patience
05. Mr. Brownstone
06. Move to the City

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Izzy Stradlin (rhythm guitarist), Slash (lead guitarist), Duff McKagan (bass) and Steven Adler (drums).

Quotes:
Next up was a show as CBGB, the famous punk rock club in Manhattan. Duff was particularly excited because his heroes Iggy Pop and the Ramones had played there. A lot of my favourites like Blondie and Talking Heads has started out there too. When we got there, I said, "Are you sure this is CBGB?" It was the smallest room, very, very intimate. It held only like fifty to seventy people. I just couldn't imagine that all those famous bands had played there. We performed an acoustic set and I rocked the tambourine. We debuted some songs that we hand't played publicly yet. The lyrics "I used to love her...but I had to kill her" from "Used to Love Her" got a huge laugh. And "Patience" got a very nice response. We also played "Mr. Brownstone" and "Move to the City". Someone yelled out, "Drum solo!" so I shook the tambourine wildly. Everyone laughed [Steve's autobiography, "My Appetite for Destruction", 2010, p. 145]

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Rightarrow Next concert: 1987.10.31.
1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Leftarrow Previous concert: 1987.10.29.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Empty Re: 1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:34 pm

I played [CBGB's] after the original club closed. We did an acoustic thing at CBGB's and that was the only time. [...] Because there were all, you know, the Dolls, the Ramones and all these New York sort-of, Blondie, even, Television, all these - excuse me, I've got a cold - all these different, really iconic bands were coming out of the scene in New York so it was really exciting to go there.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76906

Back to top Go down

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Empty Re: 1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA

Post by Soulmonster Fri Nov 03, 2023 1:45 pm

1987.10.30 - CBGB's, New York, USA Uten_265

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer