APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

2 posters

Go down

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Empty 2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:55 am

Date:
December 17.

Venue:
Pacific Coliseum.

Setlist:
01. Chinese Democracy
02. Welcome to the Jungle
03. It's So Easy
04. Mr. Brownstone
05. Sorry
06. Shackler's Revenge
07. Estranged
08. Rocket Queen
(Richard Fortus solo)
09. Live and Let Die
10. This I Love
11. Riff Raff
12. Motivation
(Dizzy Reed solo)
13. Street of Dreams
14. You Could Be Mine [With Duff McKagan]
(Dj Ashba solo)
15. Sweet Child O' Mine
(Jam)
16. November Rain
(Bumblefoot solo)
17. Don't Cry
18. Whole Lotta Rosie
19. Civil War [With Duff McKagan]
20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door
21. Nightrain
ENCORE
22. Madagascar
23. Better
24. Patience
25. Paradise City

Notes:
Loaded opened the show and Duff McKagan joined the band to play 'You Could Be Mine' and 'Civil War'. Axl apologised the crowd about the previous riot (in 2002) and thanked for not tearing the place down this night: "On behalf of the city I'd like to thank you for not tearing the place up. [...] I apologize for my part in any past affairs." Axl also kicked an unruly guy out, "That's the first person I've had thrown out for 100 shows," he grinned. "Like the good old days." The setlist was repeated from the night before. 'Riff Raff' has now been played more times than 'If The World' (29 vs 28 times).

Line-up:
Axl Rose (vocals), Richard Fortus (rhythm guitarist), Bumblefoot (lead guitarist), Dj Asbha (lead guitarist), Tommy Stinson (bass) and Frank Ferrer (drums), Dizzy Reed (keybards), Chris Pitman (synth).

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Rightarrow Next concert: 2011.12.21.
2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Leftarrow Previous concert: 2011.12.16.

Last edited by Soulmonster on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:40 am; edited 6 times in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Empty Re: 2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:10 am

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Duff_b__w_normalDuffMcKagan Thanks @axlrose. My friend..... A really great couple o nights. Thank you Seattle and Vancouver. And.....good fuckin night! 12 minutes ago · reply · retweet · favorite
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Empty Re: 2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:22 am

Review from CTV News:

For a man with the reputation of being the most belligerent rock star of his, or possibly any, generation, Guns N' Roses' Axl Rose certainly seemed in a charitable mood.

"On behalf of the city I'd like to thank you for not tearing the place up," he said smiling at the very end of a marathon three-hour concert at the Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver last night. "I apologize for my part in any past affairs."

Rose was referring to the last time his band was due to play in the city, an evening in November 2002 that resulted in an allegedly delayed flight, a cancelled performance and another chapter in Vancouver's less than glorious history of riots.

Of course, for all but the most hardcore Axl Rose enthusiasts, the band on display last night wasn't really Guns N' Roses.

Guns N' Roses, for anyone who actually remembers the 1980s, will always be Axl, Slash, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Steven Adler. Rock fans respect authenticity, which is why a band once unquestionably the biggest rock act on Earth was playing to a three-quarters full Pacific Coliseum while Jay-Z and Kanye West were hosting the first of two shows in the NHL arena across town. And while the line-up on display last night certainly possessed the technical proficiency of their predecessors, and clearly threw themselves into the ethos of larger than life performance, the sensation that this was an Axl Rose-fronted GnR cover band never vanished completely.

That's not to say that there weren't plenty of highlights throughout a concert that made up for in duration what it lacked in subtlety. An early trifecta of Appetite For Destruction classics – "Welcome To The Jungle," "It's So Easy" and "Mr Brownstone" – rightfully charged the crowd out of their seats. Equally thrilling was the introduction of support act front man and original bassist Duff McKagan for banging renditions of "You Could Be Mine" and the always brilliant "Civil War." Was this a major step towards bringing back together the classic GnR line up, still the holy grail of band reunions? Only time will tell.

Despite the determined efforts of his hired hands, the night was always about the performance and behaviour of Axl Rose. And for a rock star whose reputation for primadonnery is second to none, with the exception of the late start and one stoppage to eject an unruly fan ("That's the first person I've had thrown out for 100 shows," he grinned. "Like the good old days."), the Axl on stage last night couldn't be faulted for either his enthusiasm for the fight or the generosity he showed to his bandmates. If anything, his willingness to share the spotlight, literally leaving the stage during almost every song, was responsible for the many moments where time itself seemed to slow to a crawl.

The crowd certainly didn't need lengthy rocked out covers of the James Bond and Pink Panther themes, bassist Tommy Stinson's solo track "Motivation" or Dizzy Reed's piano interpretation of "Baba O'Reilly," an utterly bizarre interlude seemingly unaware of its resemblance to Nigel Tufnell's magnum opus, "Lick My Love Pump."

As the clock ticked towards 2 a.m. after three hours full of highs from the band's epic back catalogue, and more than a few lows of endless guitar noodles, the crowd was divided equally between those cheering their hearts out and those battered into semi-conscious submission by the test of endurance.

The difference between the two groups was a willingness to suspend their disbelief and live in the glorious past, evident in a grand finale of "Patience" and "Paradise City."

In a new millennium where rock stars like Bono and Dave Grohl are personable and cuddly, even the gently mellowing Axl Rose still cuts a ridiculous figure of aloofness and self-enforced petulance. But as Adam Ant wisely pointed out, ridicule is nothing to be scared of. There are plenty more chapters to come in the Axl Rose/Guns N' Roses story. Apology accepted.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:30 am

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Image_normalaxlrose And so it went ... the ghost of no-shows past gets tossed out on his ass.... 7 hours ago · reply · retweet · favorite

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:25 am

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:29 am

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada K4z7ro
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:40 am

Review from "cassette tape hiss" at mygnrforum:

the show was fucking great.....but long!!!! i am just not that used to staying up THAT late without booze........jesus christ........the drink line up was un-real. i just said fuckit.
i was a staunch defender of the classic line up. i had nothing against the new guys and i did think of them as guns n' roses but just a generic faceless form of the lineup. i was a plus fucking wrong about that. the new guys just fucking slay it. they are bad ass and they are fucked up. they beat the everliving shit out of their instruments. they know what they are doing and they love it. what a job they have! tommy and richard are my favorite. bumble too.......what a fucking mad man!
it was obviously an added treat to see duff at the gig. although he has failed to win me over to anything musical he has done since his gnr days i did find myself bobbing my head a little bit at loaded's little mini anthems. the covers were great. i missed dust and bones because i was in the fucking drink lineup. did he play attitude? what was the steve jones song he played? i dug it when he name dropped D.O.A. randy rampage original bassist from the band was a couple rows beside be and i imagine he was grinning away.
duff was stage left most of the night during the guns watching the show and hanging out with mcbob. it was pretty surreal watching him watch the band play sweet child of mine and other hits of his rock n' roll past.
axl sounded like a million dollars. what a fucking dude!!! i fucking LOVED it when he gave that guy shit for fighting and threw him out!!!! right on axl! and when he gave us shit for rioting when he didn't show up that time. calling us crazy motherfuckers!!!! he was grinning ear to ear!!! what a fucking badass!!!!
musical highlights for me were shacklers, madagascar, civil war, the appetite stuff.....basically all the gnr stuff. i seriously didn't need to hear any of the ac/dc covers or the solo covers or any of that shit......nope....another brick in the wall pt.1????? at least it wasn't pt 2!!!! that who cover that dizzy did sucked. the man has been playing piano for decades!!!! play one of your own songs for christs sake!!!! tommy did!
i won the aftershow party passes from rockstar magazine so i got to go back stage after.......it was awkward......but kinda neat i guess. jarmo took us back. i saw fernando.....bumble showed up for a bit. i sure feel bad for him. he said he was pretty drunk. i didn't bother talking to him about his back or any of the webcasts or anything like that. i also met frank, richard and chris. they were as far as i could tell, not in the mood for a meet and greet. neither was bumble. they were really nice though. they all signed my chinese democracy vinyl. i tried to get fernando to bring the record to axl to sign but he was too busy. he is a busy busy guy....it has got to be alot of work working for those guys.
anyways it was a great fucking show and i cannot wait to go to another one!!
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:34 pm

This is great!:

Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:03 pm

Blabbermouth, Dec. 19, 2011:
Guns N' Roses Frontman Ejects 'Dumbass Motherf**ker' From Vancouver Concert

Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose ejected an unruly fan during the band's headlining concert this past Saturday night (December 17) at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

"Out, motherfucker! Out! Get the fuck out!" Rose announced over the microphone, mocking the fan who appeared to be confused as to why he was being asked to leave. "Yeah, you! See ya, you dumbass motherfucker."

As security walked the fan through the crowd, Rose and his fellow bandmates stood at the front of the stage waving, as Rose began singing 'Happy Trails.'

"That's the first person I've had thrown out for 100 shows," Rose said from the stage after the fan was removed, "like the good old days."
https://archive.blabbermouth.net/news/guns-n-roses-frontman-ejects-dumbass-motherf-ker-from-vancouver-concert-video/

(There's a video of the incident a couple of posts above)
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:05 pm

2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Gnr_du12
2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Gnr_du13
2011.12.17 - Pacific Coliseum, Vancouver, Canada Gnr_du14
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down