APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE

2 posters

Go down

Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE Empty Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:43 pm

Original text:

La cerveza mexicana es la mejor: Axl Rose
Axl Rose, vocalista líder y único miembro original de la banda Guns N'Roses, platicó con BASTA! sobre el inicio de su Tour 2011, Chinese Democracy, su último álbum que con cantidad de problemas y retrasos finalmente vio la luz en 2008.

Con la gira que ha estado vigente alrededor del mundo desde 2001, Guns llegó una vez más a México. Para beneplácito de los fans, Axl Rose, líder vitalicio de uno de los grupos más representativos del rock de las últimas tres décadas, aceptó dar la entrevista con sólo saber que BASTA! es un medio mexicano, ya que le guarda un gran cariño a nuestra nación por la grata experiencia que vivió con el público hace más de 18 años.

-¿Qué podemos esperar? -

¡Carajo! Lo mejor, esta gira así como lo voy a decir: es la madre superior de las giras de Guns N'Roses, y a ustedes, en especial, les tocará con todas las amenidades y sorpresitas, también nosotros esperamos mucho de ustedes, esperamos recibir toda esa energía que ya les conocemos. Y hermosas mujeres, Axl espera su belleza ahí en Monterrey y Guadalajara, si tuviera más tiempo definitivamente estaría más con ustedes. Espero que nos preparen mucha energía para este regreso.

-¿Qué opinión te llevaste de México en tu primera visita? -

¡México! ¡Caray! Me encanta México, tiene buena cerveza, de la mejor, y excelente actitud, eso es lo importante. La primera vez que pisamos México definitivamente fue histórico, para mí fue una grata experiencia, eso fue en el 93. Qué actitud tan fuerte tienen los mexicanos, muchísima fuerza, algo que nunca olvidaré. Además cuando llegamos, pedimos en el hotel unas hamburguesas, una ensalada y luego ¡mierda!, la gente mexicana que operaba el concierto estaba comiendo fajitas y la carne se veía tan deliciosa, la combinación perfecta, cerveza, mujeres hermosas, tequila y fue cuando conocí realmente a qué se referían con "margaritas de tequila", es una mierda lo que hacen en otras partes, lo que estaba tomando, eso era lo real.

-¿Qué fue lo más difícil de regresar a los escenarios? -

Tuvimos una cantidad de problemas para definir muchas cosas, y teníamos que luchar contra nosotros mismos. Hubo que tomar muchas decisiones, y bueno al final el resultado me dejó satisfecho, fue más allá de mis expectativas. Después había que seguir tomando decisiones (ríe) ¡Caray! No tienen una idea. Es muy fácil soltar idioteces cuando no sabes lo que sucede realmente, nunca había vivido algo así, había vivido toda la parte linda de hacer las cosas por las buenas o por las malas, pero esto era un rumbo totalmente distinto, pero me ajusté, y aquí estamos. Tenemos una gira con el material clásico, con los mejores músicos, los mejores ejecutantes, es algo grandioso, y estamos súper, sin detenernos, la gira en definitiva es lo mejor de Guns N'Roses, eso le duela a quien le duela.

-¿Por qué la pausa? -

La pausa en un inicio la veníamos planeando; bueno por diversas situaciones, miembros salieron, agentes también, fue una pesadilla de cambios, pero aquí hubo algo muy importante que es lo que siempre puntualizo, el proceso fue completo y gigantesco, y no existe un álbum así, es Guns N'Roses y los seguidores y nuevos fans que han ido conociendo el material nuevo están satisfechos.

-¿Qué pasa con la crítica? -

La crítica es una mierda, siempre están ahí para buscar los errores, pero definitivamente es un mal necesario, hay que saberla usar a tu beneficio, sabes que puedes darle un buen uso porque siempre están ahí.

Déjenme platicarles un ejemplo sobre los paparazzi. Aquí en Los Ángeles hay muchos lugares que frecuento y donde me gusta comer y tomar una cerveza, pero cuando vas un par de veces, se corre la voz y listo, ahí están, la próxima y la siguiente visita, paparazzi, reporteros, y bueno sueltas una o dos cosas, pero a esto me refiero, están ahí para que tú también sigas ahí.

-¿Quién es hoy Axl Rose? -

El mismo de siempre, un idealista que no para de hablar, que hace lo que debe, además de hacer lo que le gusta, que dice también lo que debe decir aún con todo lo que se le cruce enfrente. Dicen que soy problemático, sacan conjeturas, la gente piensa que tengo un ego enorme, pero eso no es cierto, al contrario, soy humilde.

-¿Te sientes en forma? -

Aprendí en algún momento que cuando te sientes fuera de lugar, es cuando se debe regresar a hacer lo que se sabe hacer, ya no estamos en edad de sentirnos fuera de lugar, eso es una mierda. El último concierto de la gira fue en Abu Dabi, es sorprendente que te conozcan del otro lado del planeta, eso te debe dar el valor de hacer las cosas mejor de las que hiciste, por supuesto que estoy en forma, me mantiene en forma seguir corriendo en el escenario (ríe). Fuente Basta

Source: http://www.larevista.com.mx/noticias/-cerveza-mexicana-mejor-axl-rose-36727/

Google translation:

Axl Rose, lead singer and sole original member of the band Guns N'Roses, spoke with ENOUGH! the beginning of his 2011 Tour, Chinese Democracy, their last album with lots of problems and delays finally saw the light in 2008.

With the tour has been going around the world since 2001, Guns came once more to Mexico. To the delight of the fans, Axl Rose, leader for life of one of the most representative of the rock of the past three decades, agreed to give the interview just to know that ENOUGH! is half Mexican, as it saves a great affection for our nation for the pleasant experience he had with the public for over 18 years.

- What can we expect? -

Damn! Best of all, this tour and I will say is the mother superior of the tours of Guns N'Roses, and you, in particular, I will play with all the amenities and surprises, we also expect a lot from you, hope to receive all energy that they already know. And beautiful women, beauty Axl waiting there in Monterrey and Guadalajara, if I had more time with you most definitely would. I hope that we prepare a lot of energy for this return.

- What do you took from Mexico on your first visit? -

Mexico! Wow! I love Mexico, has good beer, the best, and excellent attitude, that's what matters. The first time you step on Mexico was definitely historic for me was a great experience, that was in 93. What attitude are Mexicans so strong, a lot of strength, something I will never forget. Also when we arrived at the hotel asked for burgers, a salad and then shit, the Mexican people who operated the concert was eating fajitas and the meat was so delicious, the perfect combination of beer, beautiful women, tequila and it was then really knew what they meant with "tequila margaritas," is a shit what they do elsewhere, what was taking, that was real.

- What was the most difficult to return to the stage? -

We had a lot of problems to define many things, and we had to fight against ourselves. We had to make many decisions, and good the end result left me satisfied, went beyond my expectations. Then he had to keep taking decisions (laughs) Wow! They have no idea. It is very easy to drop crap when you do not know what is really happening, I had never experienced anything like this, had lived all the nice to do things by hook or by crook, but this was a totally different direction, but I adjusted, and here we are. We have a tour with the classic material, with the best musicians, the best performers, is great, and we're super, without stopping, the tour is definitely the best of Guns N'Roses, that it hurts to whom it hurts.

- Why the pause? -

The pause in the beginning we were planning the, well for various situations, members left, agents also was a nightmare of changes, but here was something very important which is what always made clear, the process was complete and gigantic, and there is no album, it's Guns N'Roses and followers and new fans who have been learning the new material are satisfied.

- What about criticism? -

Criticism is shit, they are always there to look for errors, but it's definitely a necessary evil, one must know how to use to your advantage, you know you can make good use because they are always there.

Let me talk a example of the paparazzi. Here in Los Angeles there are many places I frequent and where I like to eat and drink a beer, but when you go a couple of times, spread the word and presto, there they are, the next and the next visit, paparazzi, reporters, and good loose one or two things, but I mean, are there for you too follow there.

- Who is now Axl Rose? -

The same as always, an idealist who can not stop talking, which does what it must, in addition to what he likes, which also tells what to say even with everything that crosses his face. They say I am troubled, take guesses, people think I have a huge ego, but that's not true, on the contrary, I am humble.

- Are you in shape? -

At some point I learned that when you feel out of place, is when you should return to doing what is known to no longer feel we age out of place, that sucks. The last concert of the tour was in Abu Dhabi, it is surprising that they know the other side of the planet, that should give you the courage to do things better than they did, of course I'm in shape, keeps me in shape to continue running on stage (laughs). Source Enough

Ugh. Anyone interested in doing a proper translation?

Last edited by Soulmonster on Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76572

Back to top Go down

Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE Empty Re: Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE

Post by Johan Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:49 pm

Is this real?

The google translation makes it look ridiculous, but maybe it's not, when translated correctly.

Monique? Very Happy
Johan
Johan

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 7389

Back to top Go down

Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE Empty Re: Interview with Axl - BASTA!, October 2011 - FALSE

Post by Soulmonster Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:53 pm

The fanbase is very divided on whether it is real. I have not been able to get Del James to say if it is genuine or not, so I don't know. In either way the answers contain no exciting information.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:29 am

I talked to Del James and he said this interview is probably fake, so I will mark this thread as FALSE for now.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down