APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Best debut albums of the past 25 year

2 posters

Go down

Best debut albums of the past 25 year Empty Best debut albums of the past 25 year

Post by Soulmonster Fri Oct 21, 2011 8:26 am

Before you all start screaming “How can this be the best debut albums of the past 25 years? Where the hell’s The Avalanches, Arcade Fire, Stone Roses, The Strokes and (insert your own personal classic)?” remember this is a list compiled by Metal Hammer magazine; it’s going to be a shade on the heavy side.

16,000 metal heads voted in the poll, which celebrates the 25th Anniversary of the metal magazine, with nearly a third of the punters nominating Slipknot’s 1999 self titled debut as the best of the last quarter century.

Along with Slipknot two other Soundwave 2012 bands – System Of A Down and Machine Head – managed to make the cut. Guns N’ Roses’ debut was relegated to third place, while Pantera’s fifth album snuck onto the list by default as their first four records were released independently and have become hard-to-find collector’s items.

Best debut albums of the past 25 years:
1. Slipknot – Slipknot (32.27%)
2. Korn – Korn (8.88%)
3. Guns N’ Roses – Appetite For Destruction (8.84%)
4. Rammstein – Herzeleid (6.92%)
5. Pantera – Cowboys From Hell (6.2%)
6. System Of A Down – System Of A Down (4.67%)
7. Linkin Park – Hybrid Theory (3.78%)
8. Machine Head – Burn My Eyes (3.35%)
9. Bullet For My Valentine – The Poison (3.01%)
10. Rage Against The Machine – Rage Against The Machine (2.78%)

Source: http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/international/30473/Best_debut_albums_of_the_past_25_years
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76709

Back to top Go down

Best debut albums of the past 25 year Empty Re: Best debut albums of the past 25 year

Post by 666 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 am

cowboys from hell was pantera's 5th album

they released 4 before cowboys from hell, 3 with a different singer, 1 with anselmo...they were much different though--very very cheesy and hair metal-ish

Plectra : 5400

Back to top Go down

Best debut albums of the past 25 year Empty Re: Best debut albums of the past 25 year

Post by Soulmonster Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:05 am

Yes, it seems like they only count non-independent releases (" Pantera’s fifth album snuck onto the list by default as their first four records were released independently").
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76709

Back to top Go down

Post by 666 Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:08 am

my bad...I didn't see that

Plectra : 5400

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down