APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2022.02.11 - My Planet Rocks - Interview with Slash

Go down

2022.02.11 - My Planet Rocks - Interview with Slash Empty 2022.02.11 - My Planet Rocks - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:56 pm

Via Backstage Pass Rock News:

Last edited by Blackstar on Fri Feb 18, 2022 2:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down

2022.02.11 - My Planet Rocks - Interview with Slash Empty Re: 2022.02.11 - My Planet Rocks - Interview with Slash

Post by Blackstar Sun Feb 13, 2022 10:57 pm

Article on Planet Rock containing transcribed excerpts:
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Slash compares life with Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators to Guns N' Roses

He says he's free of the 'oversized professional burden'

Slash has told Planet Rock he enjoys performing with Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators as they’re free from the ‘oversized professional burden’ of being in a bigger band.

The London-born, Stoke-on-Trent-raised guitar legend is the very special guest on My Planet Rocks with Liz Barnes on Sunday night (13th February) to celebrate the release of Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators’ fourth studio album ‘4’.

During the wide-ranging chat, Slash discussed how life is different as a member of Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators to their other 'bigger' bands including Guns N’ Roses and Alter Bridge.

“When you’re in really big established bands, there’s so many variables happening all the time and some of those logistics aren’t necessarily pleasant. So, there’s always this oversized professional burden that you have,” Slash explained to us.

“With this kind of thing there was none of that because it was just a garage band that got to go out and play at a festival and just have a good time. We’re all professional enough to have had careers to know what we’re doing, but it was just an outlet, so it was a very almost naïve kind of like ‘let’s just go out and jam our songs.’ And that’s all we’ve been doing this whole time.

“For some reason we’ve never had that sort of big band kind of feeling of responsibilities and this and that and the other to make it unpleasant. It’s been like that since the beginning, it’s always been really easy and fun.”

Elsewhere during the interview, Slash revealed how Myles Kennedy catching Covid shaped the sound of ‘4.’

Slash said: “The thing about Myles was he sang all the songs but he had really intended them to be scratch vocals. But then he caught Covid at the end so we had to keep all those vocals. The vocals were great.

“When he went into quarantine, Dave (Cobb, the band’s producer) and I were sitting there with all these songs, and I was like ‘we can start doing rough mixes.’ He goes ‘All these vocals are great and we can just start mixing it like that.’

“For Myles, ideally he would have been able to toy with it and do what he normally does. I think the Covid thing was almost a blessing, we got a really raw live recording.”

Featuring the Planet Rock playlisted anthems ‘The River Is Rising’, ‘Fill My World’ and ‘Call Off The Dogs’, Slash ft. Myles Kennedy & The Conspirators' new album ‘4’ is out now.

Slash’s full My Planet Rock interview airs at 7pm this Sunday evening (13th February). It’s repeated at 9pm on Wednesday 16th February.

https://planetradio.co.uk/planet-rock/news/rock-news/slash-myles-kennedy-guns-n-roses/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down