APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2009.02.04 - Hollywood.TV - Interview with Matt

Go down

2009.02.04 - Hollywood.TV - Interview with Matt Empty 2009.02.04 - Hollywood.TV - Interview with Matt

Post by Blackstar Sat May 29, 2021 3:57 am

From Blabbermouth:
------------------------

Hollywood.TV caught up with former Guns N' Roses and current Velvet Revolver drummer Matt Sorum on February 4, 2009 as he was leaving Madeo restaurant in Los Angeles. During the three-minute chat, Sorum offers his Grammy predictions and gives an update on Velvet Revolver's singer search (he says the band hopes to be able to make an announcement by April).

Transcript:

Interviewer: Matt, who would you like to see win a Grammy?

Matt: Uhm, Bob Dylan! He's not up this year, no. Uhm, Jimi Hendrix! Did he ever win a Grammy, Jimi Hendrix?

Interviewer: I don't think he did.

Matt: Can you give him, like, an honorary one?

Interviewer: Probably so, probably.

Matt: You know man, I am so out of the loop. Who's up for one? Kings of Leon! I like the Kings of Leon. And Metallica deserves one because I think their new record rocks pretty hard. AC/DC, are they up for one?

Interviewer: I don't think they are, but you know what-

Matt: Should be.

Interviewer: [?] You got some pull there.

Matt: Talk to Clive, he's got the red phone and the red button.

[laughs]

Interviewer: Who's the strong candidate for the replacement of Scott?

Matt: Err, Robert Plant? No, that was already rumoured [laughs]. We've got some guys in mind but we're gonna let everyone know, we're gonna do like a thing in April.

Interviewer: Okay, maybe promote it in reality shows?

Matt: We have no idea who it's gonna be yet, but we will know then I hope.

Interviewer: Gotcha.

Matt: And it will be on April Fools day, probably.

Interviewer: Even better.

Matt: No, we're working on it. We really want to get out on the road by next summer.

Interviewer: Materials written? Materials is already set?

Matt: We've got a lot of riffs, man. But that's how it was when we first started with Scott. Before Scott came in me and Slash and Duff and Dave were just writing riffs and we had, like, 50 riffs and then Scott came in and grabbed, like 13-14 singing on them and that was the first record Contraband. So it's kind of cool because we've always worked that way, me and Slash and Duff especially, because with Axl, he was never around. We'd write a lot of these songs, a lot of the songs on use Your Illusions, were written without the singer being there and then he'd come in and just..."I like that, I like that, I like that," and sing over the songs, you know, and that's what you hear on those records. With the exception of November Rain and Don't Cry, he wrote those... so we're used to it, doing that, and in a way it lends to having us write more what we want to be into it [?].
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 88097

Back to top Go down