APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control!

Go down

1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control! Empty 1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control!

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:57 am

Thanks to @Surge for sending this article!

1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control! 1991-018

Transcript:
----------------

Guns down and out of control!

Crowd riots in St. Louis after Axl fights with fan! Singer in management rumours, albums back to September?

GUNS N’ Roses, dubbed the world’s most dangerous rock ’n’ roll band, are again at the centre of massive controversy following a riot at a show on their current US tour and wild rumours that vocalist W Axl Rose is now managing the band.

The band’s road trek span out of control on July 2 at an open-air show in St Louis, Missouri at the Riverport Performance Arts Centre. Eyewitnesses told MTV that an hour into the band's show, Axl Rose - who had just changed into a fur coat - spotted a fan with a camera, and yelled to the 20,000 crowd: “Take it! Take it! Take it from him! If you don’t take it, I’ll do it!” Nobody did, so he promptly jumped into the audience to confront the fan. When Axl finally returned to the stage, he proclaimed: “I’m outta here because of piss-poor security!” He then stormed off stage.

The rest of Guns N’ Roses followed him. When the band did not return, a full-scale crowd riot erupted. Reports suggest that up to 2,000 people stormed the stage and began trashing the band’s equipment. 60 police and fans were injured during the violence. 16 people were arrested. Over $1 million damage was caused in the brand new arena. The band may now face charges of inciting a riot.

Stories now circulating also claim that Guns have parted company with manager Doug Goldstein, with Axl Rose taking over management duties along with his minder! This story has yet to be confirmed. The band parted company with comanager Alan Niven a couple of months back, leaving Goldstein in sole charge.

Meantime, Guns N’ Roses’ two 'Use Your Illusion’ albums are scheduled for an August 29 release, but now will almost certainly be delayed until September, as Bill Price’s remixes are still being completed and unconfirmed stories suggest Axl has insisted three new songs be added at this 11th hour.

Finally, Billy Idol has reported that Axl has asked him to reform Generation X for a one-off support show at Wembley Stadium in August... This remains only an outside possibility.

GUNS N’ Roses’ new albums, ‘Use Your Illusion I’ and ‘...II’, have now been scheduled for release on an amazing nine separate occasions! With a September release now likely, Kerrang! presents you with a souvenir guide to the release dates you, we and Geffen Records have come to know and love...

• June 18
• June 24
• July 1
• July 16
• July 22
• July 30
• August 12
• August 19
• August 27

We’ll keep ya posted...
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down

1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control! Empty Re: 1991.07.13 - Kerrang! - Guns down and out of control!

Post by Blackstar Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:59 am

Articles like this make me think that Axl's dislike for this magazine from a point on wasn't unfounded...
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87993

Back to top Go down