APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

Official GN'R chat room embedded

3 posters

Go down

Official GN'R chat room embedded Empty Official GN'R chat room embedded

Post by Soulmonster Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:57 am

In the upper right corner, under "Goodies", you will now find a link to the official GN'R chat room. It opens in a new window under A4D.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76772

Back to top Go down

Official GN'R chat room embedded Empty Re: Official GN'R chat room embedded

Post by puddledumpling Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:11 am

OK - I tried it out. I don't use Facebook so I signed up for one. I think I went on an stood in a room by myself for a while. It wasn't much fun. I think this social networking thing has passed idjit me by. How are people supposed to use it?
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Plectra : 6704

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Sun Feb 12, 2012 12:20 pm

You could have logged on as "guest" -- no need to sign up for a Facebook account Smile

When it is formally launched at gunsnroses.com I expect the chat to be filled with fans who can then interact with each other by chatting.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 am

That explains why the room was empty. I hope I don't regret getting a Facebook account. I've needed to have one to look at other things and wasn't inclined to make the leap. And now that I have I forgot my access info. I guess it's a dead account. RIP.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:54 am

My Facebook account is almost dead as well. I signed up long after all my friends and when I started going there I was really reluctant because all these guys from my childhood wanted to be friends and started to spam me, and I couldn't remember half of them! I accepted their requests but then my Facebook got filled with all kinds of inane "updates" from these guys lives which I had no interest in taking part in. So I started to "hide" their updates. Now it's only family and my closest friends who are there, but since they update so rarely I almost never log on any more. Complete waste of time and bandwidth.

EDIT: I guess what this all translates to is: I am old Sad
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by puddledumpling Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:00 am

Facebook is a fad. It makes me think of junior high school. It is good for families who live far apart and want to frequently post pictures.
puddledumpling
puddledumpling

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:07 am

Being young parents we have resorted to creating an online, private photo gallery so grandparents can check out how our spawn is developing.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DanyYo Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:59 pm

Dunno many people especially older ones don't accept FB. Others love it. I have a friend who use it as a Fuckbook lol Some log in for the chat which is lousy, others go there to play stupid games like Shitville. I personally call it Schmuckbook but use it and sometimes it's a real source of wisdom lol It's not pleasant when people spam you & I try not to do it but at the moment a lot of friends and relatives are there, exes with their present wives/gfrs and sometimes it's fun. I follow some interesting pages too and read the news in the morning there.
DanyYo
DanyYo

Plectra : 6304

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulmonster Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:01 am

Bumblefoot visited the chatroom and hung around answering questions for a few minutes.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down