APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2019.06.03 - Guitar Interactive Magazine - Slash talks new album 'Living the Dream', Gibson Guitars, Writing Sober

Go down

2019.06.03 - Guitar Interactive Magazine - Slash talks new album 'Living the Dream', Gibson Guitars, Writing Sober Empty 2019.06.03 - Guitar Interactive Magazine - Slash talks new album 'Living the Dream', Gibson Guitars, Writing Sober

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:49 pm

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87072

Back to top Go down

2019.06.03 - Guitar Interactive Magazine - Slash talks new album 'Living the Dream', Gibson Guitars, Writing Sober Empty Re: 2019.06.03 - Guitar Interactive Magazine - Slash talks new album 'Living the Dream', Gibson Guitars, Writing Sober

Post by Blackstar Sun Mar 03, 2024 7:50 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
-------------------------------------

Slash has once again credited Greta Van Fleet's success with "opening up doors for a lot of other kids" who are playing rock music for "all the right reasons."

Despite the fact that Greta Van Fleet has been criticized for channeling a sound uncannily similar to Led Zeppelin, the Michigan band has wracked up millions of streams, late-night appearances, spots on the world's biggest festivals, and sold out shows around the globe.

Speaking to the Guitar Interactive, the Guns N' Roses guitarist — who is currently on tour with his band Slash Featuring Myles Kennedy And The Conspirators — was asked if he has an opinion on Greta Van Fleet. He responded (see video below): "Everybody keeps asking me [that]. I don't, really. I can't say that I listen to 'em, but I love the fact that they're sort of coming from a pure place. I have to admit the stuff I heard does sound very reminiscent of Zeppelin, and I've heard some stories about how they were raised on that. And it's all good. When they put out their next record, we'll see if they can branch away from that and become their own band. But at the same time, the fact that they're having success is opening up doors for a lot of other kids."

Although there aren't a lot of newer artists who can compete with their predecessors in terms of influence and popularity, Slash believes that "there's a wave coming. There's not really much else I can say, because I do my thing, and I'm sort of watching peripherally what's happening, what everybody else is doing," he said. "I have to admit, most of the bands that are putting out records that I listen to are bands that I've known for a long time — Alice In Chains' new record, Queens Of The Stone Age and Foo Fighters; whatever. But there's a thing happening, bubbling under the surface with kids right now that are going in rock and roll for what I would call all the right reasons, as opposed to trying to be celebrities before they can put together five chords. It seems like there's a real attitude and a real hunger to do something that's got some balls."

https://blabbermouth.net/news/slash-on-greta-van-fleet-i-love-the-fact-that-theyre-coming-from-a-pure-place
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87072

Back to top Go down