APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard

2 posters

Go down

2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard Empty 2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard

Post by Blackstar Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:22 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Back to top Go down

2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard Empty Re: 2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard

Post by Blackstar Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:24 pm

Excerpts from Blabbermouth:
----------------------------------

During an appearance on a video podcast hosted by Todd Kerns, the bassist of SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS, GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Richard Fortus talked about what it was like to work with Buckethead for a couple of years in the early 2000s. The eccentric musician (real name Brian Carroll), who wears a fried-chicken bucket on his noggin and talks only through a hand puppet, quit GUNS N' ROSES in 2004 after becoming fed up with GUNS' inability to complete an album or tour, his manager told MTV at the time.

"Bucket is very musical, but I think a lot of guys like that — phenomenal, prodigious talent — they're not necessarily… I think Bucket's music is great," Fortus said. "What he does on his own, he's out there, but he did understand how to make three guitars work, and that's a very difficult thing. And he would lay out and just stand there and be weird and Bucket-y, and then he would come in on the choruses, and it would be huge. He got that; he understood that. [He's] a phenomenal talent. But the thing is, socially, guys like Bucket spend so much time in their bedroom practicing that they don't really — it's just different for them socially.

"Being in a band, you've gotta relate to people," Fortus continued. "And I think Bucket struggled with that. I always got along with him, but I think he really had a tough time with that. Same with [another former GUNS guitarist] Ron Thal [Bumblefoot] — he had a difficult time sort of assimilating into that 'band world,' 'cause he hadn't done it before."

Richard, who joined GUNS in late 2001 or early 2002, went on to talk about how playing with a group of people requires an ability to understand and connect to others, thereby developing social skills.

"When you think about that time that you spent rehearsing with other people, playing on stage with other people, traveling in a van, sleeping on floors with people, that teaches you how to be married to four other people," he said. "It really is a skill that you learn; it's a skillset that you have to develop, or it doesn't work. You've gotta be a team player, but you've also gotta be driven and motivated."
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87859

Soulmonster likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard Empty Re: 2021.01.07 - Todd Kerns' Youtube Channel - Interview with Richard

Post by Soulmonster Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:46 pm

Interesting to hear that Bumble also struggled to get into the band environment. He seems so social so I just assumed he would handle that well, but I trust Richard.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76730

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down