APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico

2 posters

Go down

2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico Empty 2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico

Post by Soulmonster Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:15 am

June 2, 2007 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico
Setlist:
01. Welcome to the Jungle
02. It's So Easy
03. Mr. Brownstone
04. Live and Let Die
Robin's guitar solo
05. Sweet Child O' Mine
06. Better
07. Knockin' on Heaven's Door
08. You Could Be Mine
Dizzy's piano solo (Angie)
09. Street of Dreams
Richard's guitar solo
Richard & Robin guitar duet (People Get Ready)
10. Out Ta Get Me
Axl's piano solo
11. November Rain
12. I.R.S.
Bumblefoot's guitar solo (Don't Cry)
13. My Michelle
14. Patience
15. Nightrain
Encore:
16. Paradise City

Date:

Venue:
Arena Monterrey.

Line-up:
Axl Rose: Vocals and piano
Richard Fortus: Rhythm guitarist
Bumblefoot: Lead guitarist
Robin Finck: Lead guitarist
Tommy Stinson: Bass
Frank Ferrer: Drums
Dizzy Reed: Keyboards
Chris Pitman: Keyboards.
Notes:
The first proper show in 2007 and the start of the 2007 World Tour. As far as setlists go, this show was very similar to the last show in 2006, although a bit short.
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76232

Back to top Go down

2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico Empty Re: 2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico

Post by Blackstar Sat Mar 06, 2021 12:17 am

Recap of the shows in Monterrey and Guadalajara at the official site, GunsNRoses.com, June 4, 2007:
GUNS N' ROSES KICKS OFF TOUR WITH BACK-TO-BACK SELLOUTS IN MEXICO

The 2007 Chinese Democracy Tour got off to a blistering start with two sold-out concerts in Monterrey and Guadalajara, Mexico.

From the opening notes of "Welcome To The Jungle" to the final encore "Paradise City," Guns N' Roses had the rabid crowd going wild all night long.

Spontaneous chants of "Guns N' Roses ... Guns N' Roses" and "Axl, Axl, Axl" were deafening. Among the many highlights was Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal's guitar solo that saw the six-string maestro incorporate several traditional Mexican songs.

Guns N' Roses will be appearing this Tuesday night in Mexico City before another sellout crowd of over 21,000 fans.

The following day, GN'R travels to Australia for a series of shows in Australia, New Zealand and Japan.

2007.06.02 - Arena Monterrey, Monterrey, Mexico 06040710

Guitarist Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal and drummer Frank Ferrer (Photo by George Chin)
https://web.archive.org/web/20070606081304/http://web.gunsnroses.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070604&content_id=a1&vkey=news&fext=.jsp
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 85695

Back to top Go down