APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

How to get hold of unreleased songs

3 posters

Go down

How to get hold of unreleased songs Empty How to get hold of unreleased songs

Post by ilomilo Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:34 pm

im wondering how do people get hold of unreleased songs, like how do they do it.
i am part of another fandom than this one and these fans be leaking all her unreleased songs right now because she don’t release music quick enough and they mad at her💀
people saying it’ll hold up a new release but I do be listening tho😬
just how do people get this stuff, this happened to axl too right omg
ilomilo
ilomilo

Plectra : 91

Back to top Go down

How to get hold of unreleased songs Empty Re: How to get hold of unreleased songs

Post by Soulmonster Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:20 am

GN'R has a long history of leaks. In most cases it has probably been illoyal servants (i.e musicians, engineers, label employees) who have decided to leak material to others, but there's also been speculation that the band itself leaked songs to gauge public response.

The biggest leak though, the Village leaks from 2019, came when an unpaid for locker, belonging to Tom Zutaut and containing a bunch of CDs from the Village Recorder sessions, went on auction and ended up in the hands of fans.

As for where people actually get their hands on unreleased music when it starts leaking: usually the music is shared among fans over various file sharing platforms, directly or through platforms like torrents.
Soulmonster
Soulmonster
Band Lawyer

Admin & Founder
Plectra : 76581

ilomilo likes this post

Back to top Go down

How to get hold of unreleased songs Empty Re: How to get hold of unreleased songs

Post by ludurigan Sat Mar 23, 2024 2:50 pm

i love this subject

where do leaks com from?

from all places that you can imagine!

There is a story about a Rolling Stones "leak" that I just love

The leak consisted of various stages of the "Voodoo Lounge" recording sessions

This leak originated a 11-CD bootleg

Legend goes that the son of a very important person* in the Rolling Stones organization [not an employee, but someone very "high" in the organization] stole the tapes and sold them... for drug money!

Oh fuck I love these stories!
ludurigan
ludurigan

Plectra : 5451

ilomilo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down