APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster
APPETITE FOR DISCUSSION
Welcome to Appetite for Discussion -- a Guns N' Roses fan forum!

Please feel free to look around the forum as a guest, I hope you will find something of interest. If you want to join the discussions or contribute in other ways then you need to become a member. We especially welcome anyone who wants to share documents for our archive or would be interested in translating or transcribing articles and interviews.

Registering is free and easy.

Cheers!
SoulMonster

2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles)

Go down

2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles) Empty 2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:19 am

Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (Video)

Foo Fighters surprised fans earlier tonight (Thursday, June 14) during their performance at Florence, Italy's legendary Firenze Rocks festival by bringing out Guns N' Roses members Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan. The rock legends joined forces to perform a larger-than-life rendition of the GN'R classic "It's So Easy".

Guns N' Roses will play a full set at Firenze Rocks tomorrow (Friday, June 15).

https://blabbermouth.net/news/foo-fighters-and-guns-n-roses-perform-its-so-easy-together-at-italys-firenze-rocks-festival-video
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Plectra : 87081

Back to top Go down

2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles) Empty Re: 2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:29 am

From interview with Taylor Hawkins; Matt Wilkinson's Show via Alternative Nation, June 28, 2018:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor Hawkins of Foo Fighters recently joined Matt Wilkinson on Beats 1 on Apple Music, and he discussed Foo Fighters recently performing with Guns N’ Roses members Axl Rose, Slash, and Duff McKagan. He said that Axl said he feared Foo Fighters fans would throw things at him, possibly because of his past feud with Nirvana in the 90’s. Alternative Nation transcribed Hawkins’ comments.

“So we did this amazing Foo and Guns mashup, which was just amazing. Axl waits until our encore, everyone else went back to their hotels, because our shows are really long. But Axl is so sweet, and he waited until our encore. I was watching him the whole time, like fuck, Axl Rose is still watching me play drums, oh my god!

I saw him after, I said, ‘That was amazing. Sorry, I probably played it too fast.’ He said, ‘No, it was perfect man. It was great.’ He goes, ‘I’m just glad nobody threw any rocks at me when I got onstage.’ I was like, ‘You’re Axl Rose dude! Everybody fucking loves you dude! It is not 1992 anymore.’ I think a lot of us as musicians, as you said, my eyes lit up when Axl Rose was on the side of the stage, because he’s such a magnificent frontman. Slash is there, and Duff is amazing. He probably has scars from that. It’s all so over now, it’s just about music now, so let’s play ‘It’s So Easy.'”

https://www.alternativenation.net/axl-rose-feared-attack-foo-fighters-fans/
Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles) Empty Re: 2018.06.14 - Blabbermouth - Foo Fighters And Guns N' Roses Perform 'It's So Easy' Together At Italy's Firenze Rocks Festival (& related articles)

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:31 am

More excerpts from the same interview with Taylor Hawkins via Loudersound:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins says that there’s “no more alternative rock any more.”

He was a guest on Matt Wilkinson’s Beats 1 show this week – and, during the interview, he reflected on what it was like covering Guns N’ Roses’ It’s So Easy with Axl Rose, Slash and Duff McKagan at this month’s Firenze Rocks Festival in Florence, Italy.

And Taylor also credits Guns N’ Roses with being a catalyst to what would become alternative rock – but he doesn’t believe the genre now exists.

Taylor says: “We got some amalgamated version of Guns N' Roses on stage and the fucking stage exploded! It was insane!

“Axl comes out spinning around in a circle, Dave’s banging his head, Duff’s looking at me with his muscles clenched and Slash is doing some insane solo – and our bass player is on side of stage drinking a beer, laughing. It was amazing!”

He continues: “We talk about the changing of the guard when Nirvana’s Nevermind came out and it really kicked open the door and kind of got rid of what people called plastic hair metal.

“I really realised it just being up onstage with Axl the other night – they were the first tickle if you will, into what became alternative rock.

“When I heard Appetite For Destruction when it first came out, it was scrappy and you knew there was danger in that band.

“The songs have endured and there’s no more alternative rock any more – we’re just a bunch of dads playing music now. All of that has gone by the wayside.”

https://www.loudersound.com/news/foos-taylor-hawkins-theres-no-such-thing-as-alternative-rock-any-more

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackstar Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:37 am

Blackstar
Blackstar
ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum